Rotodraw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotodraw?

Remember Rotodraw, like stencils on a disc, and you drew round the shapes in a numbered order to make the picture.

Re: Rotodraw?

Yes, I had Rotodraw. I seem to remember having discs to draw Bambi and Thumper. You had to fix it down with a pin in the middle, and it helped to pin down the paper too, because if it moved even a bit, it ruined the whole thing. There was always a moment of suspense (well, it was tense for a 6 year old, anyway) when you finished and looked at the picture, and found out if you'd missed a line or moved the paper.
    The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir.

Comment

Thanx thought i was the only one who recalled this thing, yep you're right about the pin too, and we had another thing, like a plastic stencil sheet from the makers of Rotodraw i think where you could draw people and animales, from various body parts on the sheet......

Comment

[ATTACH]482[/ATTACH]
        Heather

Comment

Kool

Comment

Argh.

It was always so frustrating - for me; my Dad did it perfectly, and I always seemed to move the paper, or I didn't line up the disc, or the pin would come out, or one of a million other reasons for why it just did not work...
            I remember the Thumper one, a Donald Duck, Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse as a ring master (or something), Goofy, and some sort of cartoon car - all Disney, of course.
            There might have been one with flowers too.

Comment

I just ordered rotodraw from E-Bay. I also have a set called Rototot. Does anyone remember this? It's similar to rotodraw, only there is a plastic frame that the discs fit into and the paper goes underneath. There's a lever that pushes the disc to the next position so that the drawing does not move and everything is drawn more accurately. I also helps to use double sided tape under the paper.

Comment

Rotodraw was great! Although I do remember taking some of my new "drawings" to school to show them off, only to find it had obviously been popular in Christmas stockings that year
                I've never heard of Rototot before now, but I did have Uni-draw, where you had to lift the stencil plate off the paper after you'd drawn your line, and rearrange it so that the next line linked up until you had the complete drawing. I didn't like it nearly as much as Rotodraw, as I always seemed to end up with wonky animals or whatever!
                Funnily enough, I found Uni-draw at the bottom of my old wardrobe whilst clearing dad's house recently, but there's no sign of Rotodraw...:cry:

Comment

I found a set at a fair when sorting stuff out - no-one knew what it was except me and they couldnt understand why I was so excited !!! bought them and we had a great time identifying each disc!!

Comment

Here are some photos of my Flintstones Rotodraw set.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Helen725; 06-07-2014, 02:46.

Comment

Here are some photos of my Flintstones Rototot set.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Rotoword set

Comment

very nice helen i dont believe ive heard of rotodraw before.

how long have u had your bits and pieces.
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                            very nice helen i dont believe ive heard of rotodraw before.

how long have u had your bits and pieces.
                            I got my Rotodraw sets a couple of years ago from E-Bay. I tried to post a photo of my Rotoword set, but I was not able to. Is there an easier way to post photos on here with my I-pad?

thanks,
                            helen

Comment

I'll try to post my photo again, hopefully it works

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	260531

Comment

Working...
                              X