PDA

View Full Version : 70s pull-string dolls with large heads

beeny
10-02-2007, 15:20
Do you remember these? They had big heads, and little bodies, and when you pulled the body down and away from the head, it played a tune and then wound the body back up again. Anyone know what they were called, and who made them? Cheers!

sixtyten
10-02-2007, 16:22
I had one of these,,(Casper the friendly ghost one)
They are Mattel Talkups

beeny
11-02-2007, 14:47
How cool - thank you so much Daz! I forgot their faces were stickers! Love the Casper one too- wish I had one.

luckyfun!
14-11-2011, 05:15
I have one, It's got a sticker face, and it's got brown plastic hair (in a bob), (there was one made with yellow hair too). When you pull the string, it says a few different sentences at random. "That's quite a stretch" "here comes my mummy" "opps, I lost my head for a moment" "opp gulp". On back of her head is stamped MATTEL, HONG KONG, 1971. and, I love her! I've kept her in perfect condition since I was 4 years old when I got her. I am now 44.

loubyloo
28-01-2012, 00:24
I had this one, called Funny Talk

goldenone
20-02-2012, 21:02
I have one, It's got a sticker face, and it's got brown plastic hair (in a bob), (there was one made with yellow hair too). When you pull the string, it says a few different sentences at random. "That's quite a stretch" "here comes my mummy" "opps, I lost my head for a moment" "opp gulp". On back of her head is stamped MATTEL, HONG KONG, 1971. and, I love her! I've kept her in perfect condition since I was 4 years old when I got her. I am now 44.

I still have one of these too :)