Annekka ...Annika

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annekka ...Annika

Does anyone else apart from me remember a programme around 1984-85 called Annekka. It was about two young lads from Liverpool who met a girl called Annekka from the Netherlands.I think she was an exchange student.One of them fell in love with her. I'm sure he was played by David Morrisey (Blackpool)Can anyone shed any light on this series and comfirm my thoughts on David Morrisey. The series was absolutely excellent and i wish it was available on DVD. [?]

Hmm not sure about this one but there was a UK TV programme called "Annika" in 1984 which was about a deck chair attendant on the Isle of Wight who fell in love with a Swedish exchange student and followed her back to Sweden. I think the deck chair attendant, Pete, was played by Jesse Birdsall (Footballer's Wives). Could this be the programme you're thinking of?

What do YOU remember about the 70's 80's and 90's?
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

that certainly rings a bell.You have a good memory to remember the names and places.It could have been Jesse Birdsall i was thinking of. In fact, now i'm thinking about it, i'm pretty certain he was in it. I still think David Morrisey was in it though. I have always followed his shows because of this programme. My memory is very sketchy.thank you

Comment

Annika (starring Jesse Birdsall)

Hi - not sure if you are still interested in 'Annika' - but if you are, you may like to know that someone is auctioning the complete series on ebay at the moment - its a VHS taped from TV on to DVD - they say its "watchable" - my copy is in the post & I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!! I never thought I would find or see it ever again!

Comment

Anyone know where I can get hold of "ANNIKA" I have been trying for about 10 years.

Comment

Annika

Originally posted by jules
            Does anyone else apart from me remember a programme around 1984-85 called Annekka. It was about two young lads from Liverpool who met a girl called Annekka from the Netherlands.I think she was an exchange student.One of them fell in love with her. I'm sure he was played by David Morrisey (Blackpool)Can anyone shed any light on this series and comfirm my thoughts on David Morrisey. The series was absolutely excellent and i wish it was available on DVD. [?]
            Yes I remember this very fondly, they were not from Liverpool but London, and it was played by Jesse Birdsall.
            You can see the production details at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0274237/
            I have tried getting a copy since but to no avail, I saw that someone purchased a copy (transferred from video to dvd) on ebay recently.
            I will keep my eyes open.

Comment

The show you mentioned with David Morrisey is called One summer, the girl wasn't from the netherlands, but was English, They run away to Wales hoping to find a school camp if this is the one reply, BILLY AND ICKY from LIVERPOOL, it was a sad story.
              BIG G

Comment

Hi

Just To Let You Know , I Have Both These Programmes On Dvd.

Anneka (1984)release Date Filmed Summer Of 83, Jesse Birdsall , Deck Chair Attendent Filmed On Isle Of Wight.

One Summer (1983) David Morrisey , Two Lads Go Awol In Darkest Wales From Liverpool.

Both Are Excellent Vintage 80s Viewing, And They Took Me 5 Years To Get Hold Of But Im Willing To Share Them As I Know What Its Like To Wait.
                Contact Me For Details

Comment

ah i remember it well

I remember the series ANNIKA and i can confirm it was Jesse Birdsall, he wasn't scouse in it and it was a swedish girl who was quite easy on the eye. I particularly remember a funny sauna scene, although the series wasn't particularly cheerful. Wouldn't it be good to see a re-run of it on satellite TV?

Comment

Annika

I am still presently surprised at how many people remember this great programme and how many people are desparate to see again, the fact that the tv production companies wont release it. I get loads of emails from around the world about it. Any one on here need to add ?

Comment

Never heard of it to be honest.

Comment

Hi all, I have the Annika 1984 tv series that was shown on channel 4.Jesse Birdsall played a great role in this love story.Anyone that would like it can email at Barry53@hotmail.com and i could send you a copy.Again it was originally transferred from vhs to dvd but watchable with no problems.Cheers Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Oggy
                          Never heard of it to be honest.
                          Oggy, this a moment captured in time, ever been to the Isle of Wight?

This is about a deckchair attendant who meets a swedish exchange student and falls in love , 9/10 for cheese, however it captures the iow in 1983 when i was well, waist high.
                          It was addictive viewing back then when it was on , it was only ever shown the once on normal telly. They couldn t show it now as its dated too much. It follows sterotypes too much, and trys to exlain english culture to swedes. even portraying that english people only eat chips when abroad( blasphomy).

Comment

Re: Annekka

I believe this series will have appealed to a lot of people as it is a classic tale of a holiday romance. In the case of Annika it also seemed like a case of "first love" which made the story so bitter sweet. Indeed a few years before Annika was broadcast I was working on a holiday camp on the Isle of Wight and had met a German girl on holiday with her parents. We fell for each other and the two weeks together passed like a dream. After the holiday I missed her so much that instead of going back to college in London I visited her in Frankfurt. I stayed with her parents. However I struggled with the language and could not get a job. Finally I returned home. That was over 20 years ago but I will always remember her. Annika bought this all back and was very painful to watch.
                            Last edited by planetearth; 08-08-2007, 21:10. Reason: mis-spelling

Comment

Re: Annekka

I remember it too and have always wondered if they would do a rerun, but maybe it just wasn't popular?
                              I would love to see it again

Comment

Working...
                              X