No announcement yet.

Van Allan Ladies Fashion Stores 1970s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Allan Ladies Fashion Stores 1970s?

I did a quick search, so hopefully this has not been mentioned. Anyone remember Van Allan Ladies clothing stores from the early 70s to early 1980s?

We had one, and my older Cousin Kay always managed to get her Mum to buy her lots of stuff from there (No worries though, as she would hand them down to me the following year!) I think they were of Dutch origin? And the fashions were always quite hip and up to the minute?

Re: Van Allan Ladies Fashion Stores 1970s?

Yes, I remember them. Only bought 1 dress from there - thought I was the bees knees.

Comment

i worked in Van Allen in Edinburgh iin 1970's I worked with Joni Flyn she was a bond girl in Octopussey,those were the days

Comment

I remember Van Allen in Birmingham. It was on my list of places to buy clothes along with Richard Shops and Chelsea Girl
        "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Originally posted by anniebannanie View Post
          i worked in Van Allen in Edinburgh iin 1970's I worked with Joni Flyn she was a bond girl in Octopussey,those were the days

I also worked there in the Just Eve boutique in 1971 and I remember Joni. I'm staggered and happy to find this forum

Comment

I liked the Van Allen chains also Chelsea Girl was a good girly boutique

Comment

Originally posted by anniebannanie View Post

hi I worked in the st james edinburgh but I don't remember you name or that person you said I was there in 1977

Comment

Originally posted by lin64 View Post
                hi I worked in the st james edinburgh but I don't remember you name or that person you said I was there in 1977

Hi , I worked in the Stockton branch from 1978 - 1981 when I was made redundant as the shop closed.
                Loved working there , great clothes. Stockton was a nice town then.

Comment

Hi all,
                  I worked for Van Allan at it's head office in London and also travelled the country to visit stores. Have good memories of People who worked in the stores especially managers/manageresses. I married the manageress of a South Coast store and remain married 40 plus years later. Director John Cohen. Helen Wells also worked in branches from Head Office. The head office moved from Bunhill Row in London to Leicester and the company was taken over and eventually came extinct. I had left by then. Roger H

Comment

Did they make belts?
                    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
                    X