shelved 80`s tv comedy about a school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shelved 80`s tv comedy about a school

anyone out there remember a tv comedy set in a school which was on itv in the 1980`s it was scrapped after 2 episodes after a media out cry for its storylines all i remember about it was roy kinnear was a teacher in it

Re: shelved 80`s tv comedy about a school

Hardwicke House

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardwicke_House

Heather

Comment

Just because Mary Whitehouse didn't like it, it didn't mean that nobody else shouldn't have been allowed to watch it. I know Adrian Edmonspn was in it. I remember it. If I was in charge of ITV or the BBC at the the timke I would've told Mary Whitehouse where to go after asking her why nobody else should be allowed to watch it becuase she didn't like it and told her exactly what she was..
      WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

watched both episodes using that you tube link and i couldnt actually see why it was banned ........... unless it was for being totally unfunny
        memory is a weird thing is n`t it i remembered it being pant wettingly funny

(was there another programme that was axed because i had a feeling there was one where the girls wore skimpy uniforms and the headteacher was a bloke dressed as a woman much like st trinnians but much more ott)

Comment

Cindy Day as blonde dolly bird Donna would have made me watch the show back in the day!

Comment

What an excellent programme this is! It makes Waterloo Road look "tame". It is a bit far fetched at times but still really good to watch. Thanks for sharing the Youtube link Heather.

Comment

Originally posted by vanhelsing View Post
              Just because Mary Whitehouse didn't like it, it didn't mean that nobody else shouldn't have been allowed to watch it. I know Adrian Edmonspn was in it. I remember it. If I was in charge of ITV or the BBC at the the timke I would've told Mary Whitehouse where to go after asking her why nobody else should be allowed to watch it becuase she didn't like it and told her exactly what she was..
              The complaints and backlash were a bit more than one woman. More than a bit more. I also remember it and the resultant controversy.

Comment

I watched the other part's to the hour long special and the 1st episode after watching the first 20 minutes Tuesday night and having "set my stall out in my mind" I liked it and the rest would be great! Sadly though this was not to be so (with the next 40 minutes of the special episode and episode 1). It is a pitty really certain programmes have a great start after half an hour or so then become not half as good). Though who knows how good things will become if sketchy at the beginning as Hardwicke High was.
                Last edited by 80sChav; 03-07-2013, 16:31.

Comment

Originally posted by n3llyo View Post
                  (was there another programme that was axed because i had a feeling there was one where the girls wore skimpy uniforms and the headteacher was a bloke dressed as a woman much like st trinnians but much more ott)
                  Educating Marmalade?

I remember that she was sent to a convent school, and some of the nuns were men. One had a moustache. Probably I'm remembering Matthew Scurfield

Comment

It sure was good though from what I have seen of it!

Compared to most things on TV now eg Big Brother and the like it sure was tame (ish)!

80sChav

Comment

>>> a bit more than one woman

The amount pf exposure Mary Whitehouse was given, it often seems like she WAS more than one. Wretched creature.

Comment

It was filmed locally to where I used to live - I used to go to school just down the road to the place where it was made.
                        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                        X