Find this song!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find this song!

Here's a quest for anyone who likes a big challenge!

I'm trying to find a song I don't know the name of. I also don't know the artist, or even the tune unless I hear it played. The only 'memory' I have of it is that I had it on a tape I recorded off the radio. I no longer have the tape (been gone almost 30 years!) but I remember a bit with the DJ, who sounded like Terry Wogan and he said "It's the 5th April today". No date, but I would say most likely 1984. Other songs recorded on the day were 'To love somebody' by the Bee Gees and 'Bermuda Triangle' by Barry Manilow, presumably from the same show.

I loved the song but have only heard it once since 1984. It was on in a supermarket and my ears lit up. I tried to hold the tune in my head but by the time I got home I'd forgotten it again. I think it was a country-type song.

Question is, is there any way of getting a playlist from then? Was this Terry Wogan's show? What is the mystery song?! It has been driving me crazy for years!
    1976 Vintage

Re: Find this song!

Bloody hell you're not asking much there lol

Male/female singer?
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Oh god, I'm already unsure of the dates. 5th April 1984 was Thursday and too early for Easter so I would have been at school. Following year was Friday but would be more likely a Saturday I was messing about with the tape recorder so perhaps 6th April 1985??? It was definitely the nth (low number) of April anyway.

Male singer, part of a band I think.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

I'll chuck in the Bellamy Brothers probably not right, but a country type band with a male singer

The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Top tune! Not the one, but I reckon it would be someone like the Bellamy Brothers. I don't think I'll ever find it. I live in hope that I'll hear it somewhere again one day and remember it!
          1976 Vintage

Comment

Well thanks to the link to the BBC archives I am one tiny step further on in my ridiculous quest. 5th April 1984 BBC2 7:30am - 10:00am Terry Wogan. So I'm certain it was his show. Now all I need is the play list! 😜
            1976 Vintage

Comment

I know this is a stupid answer and I nearly didn't type it - but maybe it's 'Can't fight this Feeling' REO Speedwagon? In the charts at this time, male singer, very slight country element... but I think you'd know this song 'cos its quite popular

Sorry!

Comment

I had a listen to REO Speedwagon and I hadn't actually heard that song before but that isn't it That one is very 80's ballardy and the one I'm after is much more country. I'd guess the tune I'm after is probably from the 70's rather than the 80's. Thanks for trying though!
                1976 Vintage

Comment

Wouldn't be something by The Band maybe?! The Weight? The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down? Or maybe something by Lynyrd Skynyrd? Freebird? Tuesday's Gone?

Comment

Working...
                  X