Heinz Spagetti....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heinz Spagetti....

I had a nostalgia trip of the food kind today, I bought a 4 pack of tins of Heinz tinned Spagetti and I must say, is it me or is the sauce more watery? It was also lighter in colour and there was only enough in the tin for one portion...

Re: Heinz Spagetti....

Yeah I agree the sauce is much thinner, you use to have to dig them out the tin with a spoon and the sauce got slightly thinner when cooking, now the contents spill out and the juice splats everywhere.
    Heather

Comment

I remember that too Huggie! Quality down, cost up....grr

Comment

Yes sadly the sauce is far more watery.

The sauce used to be a sauce quite thick as i remember it.
        Te so called sauce as it is now it just like water.

Amazing how they cant even be bothered to make heinz soaghetti with a thick sauce.

Heinz spaghett does not even taste as good as it once did.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I reckon own brand tastes better....I may complain to Heinz about this. Even the pasta inside is all squidgy, more squidgy than it used to be with thicker sauce....

Comment

I was right...I bought a tin of Sainsburys own brand 'short cut' spagetti in sauce and it did taste better - nice thick sauce, enough in a can for two portions (I ate it in one go on two slices of buttered toast lol). Made in Italy funnily enough....Why it has to be made over there and exported is beyond me....but it tasted much much better.

Comment

I used to live off the stuff and it has got more watery. It used to be like Heinz tomato soup, now its too watery. And the gauge of spaghetti hoops has reduced, and you get 1 less sausage in tins of spaghetti and sausages. What's next? Leaving the Z, Q, X and J out of alphabetti because they're the least often used letter! *If Heinz see this, I want at least £1 trillion for this!*
              If it's lasted this long, it's worth keeping!

Comment

I only like hoops... Don't like the straight. How odd is that lol. Not had either for ages tho.

Comment

Working...
                X