Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bit part actors

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
    Ahhh! I remember that now....and Science Workshop....David used to wear all manner of tank tops in that one didn't he?! Tricky, that guy in your avatars Nick Brimble n'est pas? Seen him in many a The Sweeney episode, as well as many many films...My ex girlfriend met him once in person and when she mentioned some of his acting from his younger years he was all the more grateful as he's sadly only recalled for The Sweeney or a version of Frankenstein he did....Nice actor, I especially liked him as the shadowy Commander Korda in The House of Cards trilogy...

Comment

Oh yes, Geoffrey Lewis anecdote: back in 1985 we were watching one of Eastwood's films with the Orangutan and there was a bit where Lewis was trying to climb over a metal interlocking fence and just as he got one leg over we all heard an EXTREMELY LOUD PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRP - FUUUUUFFFTTTTTT, PRIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPP style noise! My Mum and everyone started laughing thinking Lewis farted on screen - but if truth be told it was....

MY DAD!

Comment

It is Nick Brimble and yes he is a fine example of a bit parter, turning up as a bad guy more often than not. I like him in Crossbow and Dempsey and Makepeace where he smoulders as Horst and Lyman *swoon*
        1976 Vintage

Comment

I seem to have periods when I keep seeing someone in films & TV even ones made several years apart.

Simon Pegg was one a few years ago.

The late Pete Postletwaite seemed to turn up in a lot of things over the years, likewise with Jim Broadbent.

After getting the TV version of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy on DVD I looked up what else Michael Jayston had been in, not too many reoccuring parts but lots of supporting roles.

It used to be a joke that a part in an episode of The Bill or Casualty came free with an Equity card.

Some Dr Who fans play a game where they watch a ramdom episode of a programme & try to spot everyone in it who had been in Dr Who over the years.

My dad does a similar thing with footballers, as Stockport County, Watford & Manchester City between them have had a good preportion of players on their books over the years. (Slightly OT bot fun knowing)
          Last edited by Richard1978; 24-04-2012, 23:32.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
            It used to be a joke that a part in an episode of The Bill or Casualty came free with an Equity card.
            Lisa Maxwell said that when she was in The Bill there was a contract that said bit parters could only appear in one episode per year.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

Damaris Hayman seems to have been playing haughty old ladies in things for 40 odd years.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

i think thats very unfair
                only one ep per year is to little.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Some more familiar faces from numerous movies and TV shows:

Pamela Stephenson ("Not The Nine O'Clock News" and "Saturday Night Live")

Prunella Scales ("Fawlty Towers")

Bella Emberg ("The Benny Hill Show")

Jenny Lee Wright ("The Benny Hill Show")

Comment

Kenneth Colley

as Admiral Piett in "The Empire Strikes Back"

"Ripping Yarns"

as Jesus in "Monty Python's The Life of Brian"

Comment

Sondra Locke was in so many Clint Eastwood films because she was his partner from 1975-1989. I think the acting parts dried up after that!

Well spotted on the Kenneth Colley front. I'm notorious in my family for saying "Oh look it's so and so from whatever". I have to physically restrain myself from doing it now lol

Tim Burton seems to have his own repertory company ie Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter and that tends to extend to the 'bit' players he uses too.
                      "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                        Damaris Hayman seems to have been playing haughty old ladies in things for 40 odd years.

She's brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacqueline View Post
                          Tim Burton seems to have his own repertory company ie Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter and that tends to extend to the 'bit' players he uses too.
                          Paul Rudd (left) and David Koechner (2nd from right in cowboy hat) seen here in Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy have been in some of Will Ferrell's other movies.

Comment

John Rys Davies

The Indiana Jones films

Lord of the Rings

James Bond: Octopussy (1983)
                            as Argie or Cuban Colonel in the Prologue

James Bond: The Living Daylights (1988)
                            as KGB chief General Pushkin

Comment

Working...
                            X