Trying to recall a comedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to recall a comedy

I'm trying to recall a Comedy from about 1988 may-be 1987 possibly about a Supermarket (I think possibly on ITV) and the Manager was a sort of mixture of Basil Fawlty and Mr Bean with may-be a bit of an element (not too much though) of Victor Meldrew. In the end I think his Carreer as a Supermarket Manager in the programme did not work. I hope this makes sense as these memories are really the only one's I can recall from possibly about 10 minutes of the show.

Thanks to any replies,

80sCha

Re: Trying to recall a comedy

Sounds like 'Tripper's Day' that originally starred Leonard Rossiter then Bruce Forsyth, when it became 'Slinger's Day.'

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
      Sounds like 'Tripper's Day' that originally starred Leonard Rossiter then Bruce Forsyth, when it became 'Slinger's Day.'
      Thanks Marine Boy. I was unsure who it was, I was thinking Jasper Carrott for some reason, I don't know why.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
        These are both available on DVD, I own them both.
        Because my girlfriend wanted to see Brucie we watched 'Slinger's Day' first.
        I bought it because I remembered liking the few minutes I saw of it round my parents friends house when it was first shown on TV.
        It's a total cheese fest, possibly the most 80s sitcom I have ever seen.
        We both loved it and watched the whole first series in one go.

I'll watch 'Trippers Day' next, although I can't remember seeing it when it was originally transmitted.

Comment

I recall that, in the week it started, the series was promoted on the front cover of the TV Times, with a cheery pic of Rossiter.

Comment

Working...
          X