Its all been rather wonderful....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its all been rather wonderful....

Did anyone else catch that programme about the career and life of the inimitable John Le Mesurier? Was brilliant. He really was a lovely fellow...

Re: Its all been rather wonderful....

I thought it sounded very good. I'm looking forward to watching it on iPlayer tomorrow.

Comment

It was. Clive Dunn has aged really well. When you watch it, he's in a nice leather jacket and sunglasses that suit him even for his age. I'd love to ask Ian Lavender why they never did a big reveal that Pike was Wilson's son....would have been a really lovely ending to the show...

Comment

I watched the programme........I felt really sorry for him when he came on stage for Hattie's 'This is your life' keeping up a pretence for audiences must have been soul destroying........and I'm not saying anymore incase marine boy hasn't watched it yet

Comment

And it happened twice to the man didn't it - with his 2nd wife, poor man. What a gent though - never speaking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
            And it happened twice to the man didn't it - with his 2nd wife, poor man. What a gent though - never speaking about it.
            yes....... he must have had some deep sadness within

Comment

Indeed. No wonder he drank. When ever I watch an episode I really envy Ian Lavender, it must have been brilliant working on the show. Would love to ask him about it if I ever was lucky to bump into him.

Comment

Eventually got around to watching this on iPlayer. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Really nice programme.

Comment

Same here MB. Lovely.
                  "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Working...
                  X