Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Songs you never had a clue what they were on about, but wish youd known

Just heard Male stripper by Man to Man,
    How niave of me, i used to like this song.
    Frankie goes to hollywood-relax theres another one, wont be singing that round my nans again.
    Come on , you know what i mean!

Yep lyrically speaking songs could get you into trouble, the innosense of youth too I guess, I remember being quite naive, about more than just music, girls were a mystery to me also, maybe because they still are, and now I'm 43......

Comment

I only twigged lately that Seven Drunken Nights was about marital infidelity, and I first heard the song when I was about 5 !
      Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Turning Japanese- what a corker of song, not very many people sing i like masterbating , oh like masterbating i really think so!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CARROLLKRC
          Turning Japanese- what a corker of song, not very many people sing i like masterbating , oh like masterbating i really think so!!!!
          Neither do The Vapors! I've never heard those lyrics in that song before. You must have a different, adult version than I've ever heard mate.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1973
            Neither do The Vapors! I've never heard those lyrics in that song before. You must have a different, adult version than I've ever heard mate.
            I was trying to point out the songs underlying message, thats what its about, they didnt need to say so.

Comment

Originally posted by CARROLLKRC
              I was trying to point out the songs underlying message, thats what its about, they didnt need to say so.
              LOL - Well I never knew that! I'm not gonna be able to listen to that again without giggling. Cheers for that mate

Comment

thats ok.

Do you know any more like that, Ebenezer goode not included for being so tongue in cheek.
                Last edited by CARROLLKRC; 13-11-2006, 22:45.

Comment

I know it is slightly off topic, but I was shocked to learn how the Scissor Sisters got their name. Very rude!!!

Buzz

Comment

Hmm, there are lots of songs that you might either like the tune, or the singer, or both, but the words (if you can make them out) don't always reveal the true meaning. I can remember humming the tune to 'She Bop' by Cyndi Lauper, before finding out that it was a female variant of 'Turning Japanese'. Even Ian Dury & The Blockheads' 'Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick' back in 1979 seemed innocent enough to a youngster like me. It was obviously innocent enough for the BBC, because they didn't ban it.

Ahh, the innocence of youth...
                    Cheers

Armchair

Comment

Re: Songs you never had a clue what they were on about, but wish youd known

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
                      I know it is slightly off topic, but I was shocked to learn how the Scissor Sisters got their name. Very rude!!!

Buzz
                      Well i don't know...........is it that bad?

Comment

David Bowie is a master of that lol, but alas all his hidden ones are about either drugs or doing yourself in rofl,

Oh you pretty things, Life on Mars...etc etc
                        Love is an invention by bank managers to keep you overdrawn - Rick Mayall/ The Young Ones

Comment

Seemingly the Polis's Every Breath You Take is about a stalker not as commonly seen as a love song!
                          The eyes have it!
                          sigpic

Comment

Golden Brown by the Stranglers is not about Tan in a Can....shock, and the scissor sisters is quite rood, do women actually carry on like this?
                            The eyes have it!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oggy View Post
                              Well i don't know...........is it that bad?
                              'Fraid so..

Cant go into too much detail....

Even though we are all over 18. !!!!!

Buzz

Comment

Working...
                              X