Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cresta

Hey Momma M!

Cresta! If only! Surely it doesn't still exist? I do remember it well.......glass bottles, and the top bit of the bottle was kind of bobbly and bumpy. I guess it was to help ensure the bottles weren't dropped too easily?

And not forgetting - 5p money back for any bottles returned! How very green for it's time! Why can't they do that now? Make cash AND help the environment.

~Smee_1972

Comment

vestaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I'v just had me Vesta Paella! Was lovely! just as I remembered!

~Smee_1972

Comment

Awwwww

Originally posted by Smee_1972
        I'v just had me Vesta Paella! Was lovely! just as I remembered!

~Smee_1972
        Great honey..... glad you enjoyed it.
        sigpic
        Mrs Oggy
        ~~~*~~~*~~~
        Count your friends amongst the stars....
        And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

got a Vesta Chow Mein for dinner tonight!
          and I think Somerfield still sell Cresta in large plastic 2ltr bottles (or did last time I looked)

Comment

Vesta

How was your Chow Mein, daz? And did you push the boat out and deep-fry the noodles?

~Smee_1972

Comment

Yep Cresta still frothy man in Sommerfield.

Comment

Re: Vesta Meals!

Does anyone remember Vesta Biriani? I think it was beef. We still buy Risotto and Chow Mein but the Paella is not as good as it was, rubbery prawns:cry:

Comment

Hello,
                  I'm new here, as you can see with my posts, l was looking for the vesta meals on the net, to see if there was a complete list, as there wasnt, l will try and give you what meals there were in the vesta range in the 60's & 70's.

All meals were serves 1 or serves 2

Chicken Curry
                  Beef Curry
                  Chow Mein
                  Chop Suey
                  Beef Risotoe
                  Prawn Paella
                  Chicken Supreme
                  Beef Italino (with pasta squirls)
                  Chilli Con carne (introduced in the late 70's)
                  Beef Biriyna (short time)
                  Spaghti Bolgnese
                  For a brief period Sweet and sour.

I was addicted to these as a kid, and would use my spends to buy them.
                  Chicken curry was the best, as l added some Nazirs vindaloo paste to it.
                  I had a chow mein on Sunday night.
                  Now l'm in the food business,...but don't serve vesta.
                  If you can think of any more l'd love to know which they were.

Comment

Which was the one that came with the little packet of crispy noodles?

I used to be partial to a risotto and the beef curry but whenever my sister would put on a chicken supreme I'd moan it smelled like burning tyres (can't remember if it did or not - it might just have been me winding her up as younger brothers are wont to do )

Comment

The Chow Mein comes with the Crispy Noodles you fry..must admit, I do still enjoy a Vesta Chow Mein, even though they don't taste remotely Chinese.
                      Another thing I used to love from that time was the small white fry it yourself Prawn crackers

Comment

We still do the prawn cracker thing although not in the quantity my mate and I would consume in our student days. It's always fascinating seeing them expand into big crackers and, I kid you not, we once did a bin liner full!

Comment

I had a Vesta Beef Risotto last week with my partner and it was an instant Ratatouille moment. I became 8 years old again for 10 minutes.

Comment

I remember Vesta Paella, but one of my key memories of food in the early '80s was the Vesta Chow Mein with the Crispy Noodles. We used to have those often back then. I don't think I've had one since 1986.
                            "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

My grandpa used to love the Vesta curries.Think he used to eat curry when he was India during the war.

tulip

Comment

I've suprised these are still around, considering how many ethnic takeaways & ready meals are around.
                                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                                X