Big Orange Toy Truck I used to have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Orange Toy Truck I used to have?

I'm trying Big Orange Toy Truck I used to have when I was a kid. When I say big I mean big. I'd say it was probably about 18-24 inches long. Certainly bigger than any other sort of car I had.

It was almost entirely made out of plastic so rule out anything die-cast. It was completely orange, with white wheels and black tires. It had metal axels that were visible underneath. Also I think it had stickers/decals on it with a sort of "American West" theme to it (ie imagine something like Monument Valley)

The toy wasn't part of any 'brand' or range as far as I can remember but to describe the trucks shape/look think of the truck from the Fall Guy and you wouldn't be too far off).

Also, Don't ask me why but I'm almost certain this truck dated from around 1985.

I really don't know how to go about finding this item but it was unique enough looking that if I saw it again I'm certain I'd recognise it.

Re: Big Orange Toy Truck I used to have?

It was probably a foreign import made in Taiwan or Hong Kong, maybe under licence from an American company. Afraid I don't remember anything like that being around at the time, but I was already 16 in '85 so I probably wouldn't have taken notice! However, it sounds to me like it was a 'one-off' large-scale item produced in the Far East, maybe intended to be compatible with Action Man-size figures- I DO know that a lot of toy vehicles of that scale were around at the time intended to cater for dolls of 1ft or so in height, I remember seeing them on sale in post offices and department stores.
    Sorry that I can't be of more help.

Comment

There was a company that used to make similar toys (mostly construction machinery) that had a buffalo as it's logo.

I can't remember the name of the company but there were easy to spot in toyshops in the 1980s.

Is that any help?
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
        There was a company that used to make similar toys (mostly construction machinery) that had a buffalo as it's logo.

I can't remember the name of the company but there were easy to spot in toyshops in the 1980s.

Is that any help?
        Now that sounds like a company called BIG. The Buffalo logo reminded me as I had a whole load of those plastic moulded toys when I was a kid. Mainly dump trucks and they were made in Italy if I remember rightly. I also hade a few tractors that were similar. Large scale and made of plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Powdered toast man View Post
          Now that sounds like a company called BIG. The Buffalo logo reminded me as I had a whole load of those plastic moulded toys when I was a kid. Mainly dump trucks and they were made in Italy if I remember rightly. I also hade a few tractors that were similar. Large scale and made of plastic.
          Thanks for jogging my memory, Big sounds right.

I remember they made a dump truck that could probably seat an Action Man in the cab.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Does anyone have any links or pix for this company "BIG" please?

I've tried searching, but googling "BIG toy" (and variants) doesn't really come up with anything, as you might imagine.

Comment

Working...
            X