The Red Hand Gang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Red Hand Gang

This was another fav of mine as a kid. The "crime stopping" group had every steroetypical kind of kid you'd expect in a kids TV show, the brainy one, the sporty one etc...

The most memorable storylines for me was when they rescued a rich girl from some kidnappers holding her to ransom - and also one where they drew a red hand on a truck so they could follow the baddies to their hideout.

It also had a catchy theme tune and the openeing credits had them jumping up in front of the camera (presumably on trampolines).

Just done a google search so if anyone's interested you can download all the episodes and get tons of info about this show at http://www.theredhandgang.net/

Comment

hi there i used to watch this programme it was cool as iremember loads of little american kids wearing white tube socks aaahhh

Comment

Aaargh! Hated this show, and the gang's leader, Matthew Laborteaux. Don't know why, but I did. And to this day I can still remember the spelling of that kid's name. Therapist anyone?

Cheers

Armchair
        Cheers

Armchair

Comment

Re: The Red Hand Gang

Yeah...

I also remember this kids T.V. program,looking back now what a cool and funky intro tune........

Take a look.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CkY5kx3U4E8
          sigpic

Comment

Aye, still remember the theme tune and that tune that the kid used to play on that wierd mouth organ thing.

Episode I also remember is the one with the bandaged dude in the wheelchair that got switched and they noticed his missing NFL ring.

Ah, School holiday fillers, much like California Dreamin' and Huckleberry Finn.

Comment

Yeah,

Huckleberry Finn a classic,I used to love that program as a kid.Home from school not a care in the world..........
              Oh yes the good old days....

Checkout the Intro......

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KCRiLyL0koc
              sigpic

Comment

The Red Hand Gang

is coming out on DVD on 30/6/2008 - wonder if it will live up to those summer holiday viewing?

Comment

It would be great to see this series again I'm thinking about it!
                  Heather

Comment

I wonder what Matthew Laborteaux is doing now? He was on Little House on the Prairie as well and I've got an old 80s US video games mag with him on the cover playing the Tron coin-op!

Comment

Used to watch this in the summer holidays. Was talking about this with a mate last year and she said she always wanted to be the girl lol.

Comment

I was trying to think back. Did this group have a clubhouse that had a globe that had candy stashed in it that could be accessed by a secret lever? any help appreciated thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jasonb73 View Post
                          I was trying to think back. Did this group have a clubhouse that had a globe that had candy stashed in it that could be accessed by a secret lever? any help appreciated thanks
                          Hmmm. Watched 12 episodes of the Gang last year from youtube, but I don't remember this.

Loved the show - I remember being fascinated by the actor's name 'James Bond III'!

Also recall thinking that Lil Bill needed a good slapping.

Comment

The theme tune and intro where the kids are shown jumping into the air brings back memories but I just don't remember the actual program itself. I expect back in 1977-78 I would of been straight out of bed and down the stream catching minnows with my mates in the summer holidays so maybe just caught the program starting up but did not settle to watch it.

Comment

Working...
                            X