Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 'Dying Fly'....

Hi folks..

I have avague memory of people doing the 'Dying Fly Dance on Tiswas..i think!! lol lol..maybe about 1981 or 1982? whatever happened to O.T.T.? My gran wouldnt let me watch that!!

Rab ;0)

That was the adults version of TISWAS wasn't it, don't recall much about that Rab, but remember the Dying Fly with a smile, people on their backs, wiggling their legs about, krazy world we live in.

Comment

Hi Oggy!!!

I think I only managed to sneak up to see O.T.T. twice .

I think if you did the 'Dying Fly' on a Dancefloor at a Christmas Party now someone would think you were having a Seizure and call an Ambulance! lmao...

All the best...

Rab ;0)
      Last edited by SpiralCoolStuff; 20-12-2006, 21:44.

Comment

Very True Rab, how things have changed, but suppose the Birdie dance would be ok to do?

Comment

You find the music for Xmas day Oggy and I'll get the Trill!
          sigpic
          Mrs Oggy
          ~~~*~~~*~~~
          Count your friends amongst the stars....
          And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Now thats a promise Momma x, give me a cheep trill, lol, groans in agony at corniess of joke.

Comment

Hi guys!!

Ho ho and more Ho!!!! you crack me up you two..lol.. id forgotten about Trill!!! sure they merged that with Alpen in the mid 80's...

And Og..the Birdy song!!!!!!!!! god it will be wheeled out again at Christmas Parties throughout the land at this time of year..was it only middle aged Aunties at Social Events that danced to that (and knew all the dance steps to 'the Slosh'?) and we are NOT going to mention the Rowing Boat song or that **** super man one..you know..comb your hair..superman!! Awful to a fault...

all the best...

Rab.;0)

Comment

Seemed like Trill and Alpen were alike Rab, maybe some joker switched the formulas/ingredients over by mistake or on purpose.

Sad songs make us cry, those were sad and horrid, cringeworthy songs.

Comment

The dying fly?? Sound smore like a bunch of people making total prats out of themselves
                  Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

Bah humbug, wheres your sense of fun?

Comment

Im being honest, it really does sound ridiculous to me.
                      Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

Re: The 'Dying Fly'....

Did'nt the "dying fly" first appear in the film National Lampoons "Animal House" or did I imagine it???

Comment

TISWAS was fab - total anarchy.
                          Remember SPIT the dog and CHARLIE the monkey
                          Bit of a 2 Ronnies versus Morcambe and Wise thing going with SWAP SHOP
                          Definately TISWAS for me, remember SALLY JAMES!

Comment

remember being in midlands when tiswas first started. was a local show that linked programmes, and featured chris tarrant and a bloke names john asher. had a different theme tune. later version with new tune, and the established crew went national. loved the dying fly, and was amazed to find true identity of phantom flan flinger ( any guesses ? ) and where the water and cage originated, ( status quo know ) AND RICK PARFITT OFTEN GUESTED ON THE SHOW.

Comment

If I remember correctly, the Dying Fly was done to the tune of 'The Devil Went Down To Georgia' by the Charlie Daniels Band. Great memories. When Saturday morning television was truly worth watching.

Comment

Working...
                              X