early 80's kids series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early 80's kids series

I can vaguely remember a children's drama series set, I think, in the grounds of a mansion or church maybe, where statues came to life at twilight I think. But that's all I can remember, can anyone help?

Re: early 80's kids series

Statues coming to life screams Enchanted Castle .
    Heather

Comment

Hi Heather, thanks for your reply! I've just tried looking up enchanted castle on youtube to see if I could find a clip, but had no joy. Can you tell me more about it or direct me to where I can find more information? I think the statues came to life to play with some children all night, and then returned to being statues in the morning. Thanks for your help! xx

Comment

I have found it on Wikipedia now! It's a novel by E. Nesbit, but the BBC did a version in 1979, which explains my poor recollection - I was only 4! Unfortunately they never released it on VHS or DVD so i'll never be able to see it again, which is gutting as I remember it being really magical. But at least I know what is was now, thank you so much Heather! xx

Comment

Glad it's the one. I loved watching it as a child. They really should bring it out on DVD.
          Heather

Comment

Originally posted by f.rich View Post
            I have found it on Wikipedia now! It's a novel by E. Nesbit, but the BBC did a version in 1979, which explains my poor recollection - I was only 4! Unfortunately they never released it on VHS or DVD so i'll never be able to see it again...
            Or you could watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...chanted+castle

Comment

Working...
            X