Did you never want to leave School?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you never want to leave School?

I know I never truly did - though of course you have to, but for me I think I would fit in to the old saying about "never leaving school". Admitted now I've changed and am more easy going and like to be a Free Spirit but this is only recently and to a degree School offered this what I so liked about it to go in every day (though I didn't see eye to eye with 50% of the others and vice versa), but the system meant so much in that was a system where everything was in order for you - but still it the same time you could escape into your Own World which was far from the real word but you had it all in place this way as well as it being structured but you knew it was cool both way's. More so like for Art type subjects - I just so liked creating things/writing stories etc as a kid.Even at 18/in my early 20s I was still like this - wanting to be creative and hiding out in a room to just dream about new ideas for hours!! I wish I Could have wished I had stayed at School to achieve all these creative subjects which people made seem so amazing at School.Thanks for any replies, but sadly this wasn't meant to be though. It would be good to receive any back.
    Last edited by 80sChav; 18-06-2013, 19:39.

Re: Did you never want to leave School?

While I enjoyed some of my time at school at the end of both my primary & secondary schools I was fairly glad to be leaving.

There might have been the odd school year I was sad to see the end of.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

i hated school from the day i started to the day i left purely because i had no confidence as a child.............shame really, should have been the best years

Comment

Who wants to go cross-country running again?

Comment

Primary school was great and I did not want to leave it and go on to the big school.I must of known something about the reputation of the secondary school even back then.The secondary school I just could not wait to get away from.Not the best time in my life and I don't have much good to say about most of my teachers there.Most of my good memories of that time are of not being at school.

Comment

i always wanted to leave school as my life there was a total nightmare.

but strangely looking back id like to go back as i recently visited my old primary school i saw the wee kids and suddenly i wanted to be there as a kid with them.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
              i hated school from the day i started to the day i left purely because i had no confidence as a child.............shame really, should have been the best years
              Me too hated school glad when I left

Comment

One evil teacher aside, I loved being at primary school as my creative abilities were actually encouraged by my teachers and it was a sunny but sad day when I left. Secondary school was a living hell for me and I hated almost every minute of it from the moment I set foot in the place in 1990 to the day I left in 1995. The only subjects I ever excelled at were music and art, everything else was a grinding drag and copying out of text books into exercise books under the cold, indifferent eyes of bored and disgruntled teachers. The headmaster of the school was a conservative, small-minded pig and I actually got the chance to tell him what I thought of his school and where he could shove his school :-)

Comment

I guess as being a kid is so unique and I've heard it say "you want to grow up as kid, then when people are way older want to be a kid again" The more I've got older the more I love the word Hindsight, as if only I had realised what being young was which was what I thought on making this thread/post), which I guess this is what made me make the thread/post in a way. For me School had many a bad point as well as equaly good ones, but it was so "straightforward" . Though it wasn't plain sailing I think in a way my point is it was "girls/boys own stuff" that when it was great it was great and that's when I felt I like I did, though hindsight is word I so so like and appreciate more as I am older which in a way makes it special I guess regards such thoughts!
                  Last edited by 80sChav; 19-06-2013, 16:54.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                    I guess as being a kid is so unique and I've heard it say "you want to grow up as kid, then when people are way older want to be a kid again" The more I've got older the more I love the word Hindsight, as if only I had realised what being young was which was what I thought on making this thread/post), which I guess this is what made me make the thread/post in a way. For me School had many a bad point as well as equaly good ones, but it was so "straightforward" . Though it wasn't plain sailing I think in a way my point is it was "girls/boys own stuff" that when it was great it was great and that's when I felt I like I did, though hindsight is word I so so like and appreciate more as I am older which in a way makes it special I guess regards such thoughts!
                    I think I see where you are coming from. I was indifferent to school. I neither loved nor hated it, I just 'went'. As someone who hates having responsibilities and struggles with the daily grind of adult life, I can now appreciate how nice it was to have every decision made by someone else. A short day, lots of different subjects in bite sized chunks, all you had to do was turn up and behave yourself. Defined goals too. We were there to pass GCSE's and that was it. At the time I never really looked any further into the future than that. I also appreciated the time available to do my own thing away from school. I think we lose a lot of that as adults. The set up suited me perfectly. It's only when I got to 16 that the cracks began to show, getting stressed with A levels and having to start making life decisions. I really struggled for a while. So yes I'd love to go back to those stress-free days.
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

Infants school was meh, middle scholl I loved but I was happy to leave as I wanted to grow up, high school I loathed and spent three just keeping my head down waiting till I could leave.

If I could have stayed at middle school till 16 I'd be a much different person to the near perfect one I am today, I'd probably be totally perfect.

Comment

i never wanted to leave primary school, so much fun, secondary school though, i couldn't wait to leave lol

Comment

yeah i far more enjoyed primary school that the rest of my school life.

Originally posted by Moondog View Post
                          i never wanted to leave primary school, so much fun, secondary school though, i couldn't wait to leave lol
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                            I think I see where you are coming from. I was indifferent to school. I neither loved nor hated it, I just 'went'. As someone who hates having responsibilities and struggles with the daily grind of adult life, I can now appreciate how nice it was to have every decision made by someone else. A short day, lots of different subjects in bite sized chunks, all you had to do was turn up and behave yourself. Defined goals too. We were there to pass GCSE's and that was it. At the time I never really looked any further into the future than that. I also appreciated the time available to do my own thing away from school. I think we lose a lot of that as adults. The set up suited me perfectly. It's only when I got to 16 that the cracks began to show, getting stressed with A levels and having to start making life decisions. I really struggled for a while. So yes I'd love to go back to those stress-free days.
                            This post sums it up for me pretty much. I remember the last few weeks of high school and I couldn't wait to get out of there, I remember waking up every morning and just being so ready to end the entire routine of getting up and going in. Now I realise how good things were and as I think I have said on here before, I realise that not every day of my school life was fab, but on the whole it was such a good time.

I guess at the time it wasn't so much the leaving that bothered me, it was not making more of my time there and not having the confidence to integrate with more people/groups.

It's funny really, school will always be something you have in common with the people who were in that year/class/school alongside you. People get older, get jobs, move away, have kids or whatever else happens but school will always be the one thing that ties so many groups of people together. I wish I had made more of an effort with my GCSE exams though, always been terrible at revision!

Comment

I loved being at school but didnt like the actual learning part of it

short days and you got to spend most of it with your best mates

long holidays and all your friends were off at the same time

i have a 16 year old daughter who has just finished her GCSE's and is already missing it (and she goes back in 6th form in september)

school is generally speaking a time when some of your greatest memories will be formed and best friendships made

i love the life I have but I would go back and do it all over again in a heartbeat
                              Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

Working...
                              X