Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"At night I dream of many things..." - Advert ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "At night I dream of many things..." - Advert ideas?

Hi first proper post on the forum so hello everyone!

Does any one recall what company this advert was for or even a link to the clip?

It was a Building society or Bank round about 1989 to 1993 era. It was black and white imagery that kept changing and fading and had a woman reciting the following poem. I have tried in vain to find it for years and only knew the first 3 lines. Recently I fond the complete poem in complete form on a message board but no links to its origin.

"At night I dream of many things
    Some of which I plan and save for
    Some of which I achieve.
    When I was young I wanted to see Africa
    To run away
    And so I travelled
    But never left
    My dream changed, I
    Became us
    Became a family
    And while dazzling things dazzle me still
    My values hold dear other dreams
    My home
    My daughter's freedom to be
    To achieve
    My life with the man I still love
    Simple dreams I dream
    At night
    During the day"

I really liked the advert at the time and still think the poem is very good and has stayed with me since. Any ideas?

Re: "At night I dream of many things..." - Advert ideas?

Boing! Still tying to find out about this one online. No luck so far!

Comment

It was a Nationwide Building Society ad called "At night I dream". The whole video can be seen at www.whosampled.com if you search for Nationwide Building Society.

Comment

Originally posted by marchwiel View Post
        It was a Nationwide Building Society ad called "At night I dream". The whole video can be seen at www.whosampled.com if you search for Nationwide Building Society.
        Fantastic! I have been looking for this for years! Thank you very much. . It still has the same effect on me hearing it. The words are really moving. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Fab View Post
          Fantastic! I have been looking for this for years! Thank you very much. . It still has the same effect on me hearing it. The words are really moving. Thanks again for your help.
          I know this is an old post but I would just like to add a bit too it , hope no one minds

back in 1991 I was working at a recording studio in SoHo London called MagMasters , we record all the Tv adds back then and the advert your talking about was mixed in studio 5 by a guy named Bill Gautier , I will never forget sitting in the studio playing this back , it sounded so cool in fact I loved this track so much I saved the master copy to Dat tape , I had the voice on its own and the too on a separate mix the music too , think I lost the tape many years ago which is a bit of a **** but there you go.

anyway there you go

Comment

Originally posted by Fab View Post
            Hi first proper post on the forum so hello everyone!

Does any one recall what company this advert was for or even a link to the clip?

It was a Building society or Bank round about 1989 to 1993 era. It was black and white imagery that kept changing and fading and had a woman reciting the following poem. I have tried in vain to find it for years and only knew the first 3 lines. Recently I fond the complete poem in complete form on a message board but no links to its origin.

"At night I dream of many things
            Some of which I plan and save for
            Some of which I achieve.
            When I was young I wanted to see Africa
            To run away
            And so I travelled
            But never left
            My dream changed, I
            Became us
            Became a family
            And while dazzling things dazzle me still
            My values hold dear other dreams
            My home
            My daughter's freedom to be
            To achieve
            My life with the man I still love
            Simple dreams I dream
            At night
            During the day"

I really liked the advert at the time and still think the poem is very good and has stayed with me since. Any ideas?
            Greetings from New York City.

Leagus-Delaney London was the advert agency.

I was commissioned to create a film script predicated on a briefing. I wrote the script you cite above. I was also the director for the film project. I worked with Andrea Macarthur (now with Peepshow Post) and Alan Young (now with Golden Square). The film producer was Jacci Barrett. The film was shot with black and white 35 mm negative and was shot on location in Zanzibar and on stage an Pinewood. The Neutra interior at the end was fabrication on a sound stage. All of the editing was done on a flatbed with a grease pencil, and all positive and negative grounds were composed and compensated for in camera.

The film in its day was designed to cause attention: the featuring of a Jewish wedding, and the incorporation of a Polish-accented voiceover, helped to earn the 98% recall the film generated upon its release. The film was written up at the time. The National Front took particular offense at its promotion of a multi-cultural acceptance.

Comment

Working...
            X