Anyone Remember Glucose Tablets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Remember Glucose Tablets?

My memories of these were when I was taken to the local chemist with my mum. She normally picked up a packet of these for me - they were so sweet I loved them and never saw them anywhere other than chemists. I can't remember which brand they were though. Anyone remember these form the 70s/80s?

Re: Anyone Remember Glucose Tablets?

Lucozade did them, and another brand was DextroEnergy

Comment

Still around, use them them occasionally for running.
      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I remember my brother had some Lucozade ones in the late 1980s.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I remember the advert where some famous* sports commentator went around asking various athletes if they like [brand name] and ended up flying through the air stuck on a javelin.

I tried some of the product, once. Didn't like them.

* I never followed sports. Can't remember who he was, and I don't know if the athletes shown were famous or not.

Comment

im sure there there are yellow ones i do remember them well.
            the lucozade sport ones where a light orange and had a powdery texture..
            i just ate them like normal sweets.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Yes, you can still buy the Lucozade & DextroEnergy from pharmacies & places like Boots, Superdrug, e.t.c.
              I got several packs of each this time last year, not sure about Lucozade, but DextroEnergy still comes in several different flavours, all nice except Blackcurrant.
              They have always been marketed as a "healthy" product, but I think that is rather suspect, although they can come in handy for people suffering with diabetes & similar conditions.

Comment

I remember those when I was little. Like you say Jason, they were only available at the chemist. They were long sticks weren't they? If I was ill I got bought one and usually a copy of Twinkle or Bunty to keep me entertained as that was way before wall to wall children's programmes on tv.
                "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Hi,
                  I remember them well from the 70s. They were called Dextrosol tablets. They were flat rectangular tablets. I remember orange and lime flavour being my favourites, but they also did a neutral flavour which was white and came in a white and blue pack. We used to get them from the Chemist. This is a modern version -

Comment

women were advised to have them in their bag when being admitted to the labour ward.......possibly in the 90s

Comment

Yes I remember them, my dear Mum - bless her - always bought them for me when I had been ill

Comment

My Mum was diabetic and kept a pack in her handbag. I imagine that you can still get them from a chemist, for this very purpose.

Comment

Working...
                        X