Oasis - the best band that could have been even more of a Supergroup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oasis - the best band that could have been even more of a Supergroup

My English in that last post. I think I might have been drunk or something.

Comment

Did anyone catch the Britpop tribute on the BBC red button last night? Blimey it was cracking, it was only a half-hour or so and I wish it could have been longer but it was great. Never really bothered to go back and listen to Blur but I've decided that when pay day rolls around I'll be picking up a greatest hits or something. Damon Albarn performed a song called 'This is a low', never heard it before but what a top song.

Comment

Never could get my 30 year old head around the "Brit-Pop" zeitgeist at the time. Did it mean that before the likes of Blur, Oasis, Charlatons, Supergrass, Pulp et al. there was no British pop music???? I guess it was just a generational thing where every decade the youth arrogantly assume they've discovered some new concept in popular music but as someone has pointed out earlier it's just the same old chords being recycled. Having said that all these Britpop acts did have their moment with some great tunes but don't think any of them had the potential to be a supergroup, one also has to remember that the Beatles only lasted around 7 years.

Comment

Couldn't stand them at the height of their fame, it is only in retrospect that I realise how good they were.

Comment

I really liked their first 2 albums, & some of the stonger songs from the later ones.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

err.....no

Comment

Working...
              X