Jukeboxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jukeboxes

You dont seem to see many about these days,I used to love the free standing ones when you chose a record,with the number or letter chosen then wait to see the 45 taking from the centre to play it was great.Then the wall mounted ones were introduced but were not the same.One song I remember on the jukebox picking was What a fool believes-Doobie Bros summer 1979 that voice of Michael Mcdonald oh it was so great

Re: Jukeboxes

Nowadays of course jukeboxes are all glorified cd players. In C&A in Preston in the 70's they had a jukebox on freeplay in one of the departments. The one song I liked to play was Elton John's Croccodile Rock

In Cheltenham & Gloucester there were two cafe's both of which had those later oblong (not Wurlitzers) jukeboxes.

If you visit amusement arcades now some sell off their old machines, both arcade machines and jukeboxes plus online they are for sale along with pinball machines (On Emmerdale Declan Macey has one lol)
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

They do look great in some peoples homes if the house has a big enough room for them,if I won the lotto then I would get one.I will have a look at some sites for a price lol!

Comment

Me too Amethyst lol I am already looking for a pinball & fruit machine so a jukebox to go with them would be great - I'll turn my garage into a mini amusement arcade & kick the car out to the drive lol
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
          Me too Amethyst lol I am already looking for a pinball & fruit machine so a jukebox to go with them would be great - I'll turn my garage into a mini amusement arcade & kick the car out to the drive lol
          Had a look some of them look really fab and I looked at the list of records you could choose in my dreams lol

Comment

Not too expensive the ones you see being sold in amusement arcades second-hand
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
              Not too expensive the ones you see being sold in amusement arcades second-hand
              Had a look at Wurlitzers some of them are costing thousands,the 1956/57 ones are the business

Comment

Anyone know of any jukeboxes museums in the uk?

Comment

Not a museum but there's a working 45 jukebox in a Spanish bar near Tottenham Court Road station...

Bradley's
                  Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
                  X