Ebola !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebola !!

Wasn't sure under which thread this should be posted but.... even tho I live in the mountains of Spain and theoretically very safe...who else is worried about this?

Re: Ebola !!

Originally posted by Cooldeepblue View Post
    Wasn't sure under which thread this should be posted but.... even tho I live in the mountains of Spain and theoretically very safe...who else is worried about this?
    It is a concern with plenty of flights coming in each day from the African countries where this is rife,it is scary

Comment

Have to agree. It is scary.

Comment

A hospital boat from Falmouth Cornwall is on its way to Africa with supplies etc.

There should be checks in the airports on all passengers before getting on planes in Africa.I would be concerned if I was working as a cabin crew on flights

Comment

I had heard somewhere that the incubation period may be up to three weeks, in that time there may be no symptoms showing. So no temperature. Most of the airport checks simply rely on picking up on the temperature of a person through heat sensitive equipment. This could tell if someone has a fever or not. I wonder if there are any other ways of screening hundreds of people quickly?

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
            I had heard somewhere that the incubation period may be up to three weeks, in that time there may be no symptoms showing. So no temperature. Most of the airport checks simply rely on picking up on the temperature of a person through heat sensitive equipment. This could tell if someone has a fever or not. I wonder if there are any other ways of screening hundreds of people quickly?
            Will they be screening all that get off these planes or will it be random picks,more should be done to stop it coming here in the first place.The government dont want public to panic.What if they stopped flights coming in until we get the all clear

Comment

Hysteria reigns again !!!!!

Before anyone jumps on me I am fully aware of how bad a disease Ebola is and that it is very contagious but and the mortality rate is very high but I am also aware that we were all going to die from swine flu a couple of years ago and then from avian flu a couple of years before that, and I'm pretty sure we were all going to contract SARS a while back ........ strange that we are all here

I'm afraid that too many people fall under the spell of the tabloid newspapers and sensationalism in the news. I am not stupid enough to believe that it cant happen and it is a possibility that it can spread but please dont be naive enough to believe everything as they want you too buy their newspapers or read there blogs / website or watch their channel, so they will (and do) hype it up a bit

and just so you are aware ten times as many people have died of malaria in west Africa in the last month than from Ebola and more will die from diarrhea and starvation in the next one

as was famously said "Don't Panic Mr Mainwaring"
              Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

I'm not worried. We live in a developed country with a good healthcare system. Ebola won't get a grip here in the UK.

Comment

That male nurse has gone back to Sierra Leonne to help out

Comment

He's really brave & an inspiration to us all
                    sigpic
                    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

It's a scary disease but let's be realistic about it. Unless you're a doctor/nurse treating an ebola patient, the chances of you getting it are basically nil in the developed world.

Comment

It's the rash that I don't fancy much.

Comment

Working...
                        X