Christmas 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas 2014

Only a month and a few days away before xmas is upon us again.

Are there presents we sometimes or always get every year eg socks hankies

I know people who take back clothes to shops because they dont want them,I couldnt do that unless an item didnt fit then I would exchange.

Usually I am always satisifed and happy with what I get

Re: Christmas 2014

When my parents were alive I used to get a £25 gift card for my favorite bookshop most Christmases.

Comment

Every year I get something relating to a dead celebrity for some strange reason. maybe it has something to do with the shrines.

last year I got this;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Love-Uphill-...=jimmy+saville

baffling, but a damn good read.

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
        Only a month and a few days away before xmas is upon us again.

Are there presents we sometimes or always get every year eg socks hankies

I know people who take back clothes to shops because they dont want them,I couldnt do that unless an item didnt fit then I would exchange.

Usually I am always satisifed and happy with what I get
        what if the socks are orange?

I usually get zesty lemons for some reason.

Comment

ii get dosh so i can just get what i want
          well iam near 40.

when i say dosh u mean from all my relatives.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

My Grandad says when he was a wee lad he got an apple & an orange
            Last edited by Twocky61; 25-11-2014, 16:02. Reason: Spelling Correction
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I have a rule when it comes to buying presents and I tell my wife and kids the same thing ....

Always buy something that they want but never something that they need
              Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

It always seems as if the people who give you socks for Christmas are the very sort who are very hard to buy presents for.

Comment

I get cash to spend few prezzies from girl friend which she can not keep to her self has to tell me what im gettin lol
                  THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Black socks with coloured banding are ok would not wear white ones they are the worsed too naff for my liking.Orange not too sure bit on the bright side

Comment

I think that shops should not be open on boxing day staff should get 2 bank holidays,they work hard enough during the year

Comment

i used to just get socks tin of sweets well i still do but mostly i just get cash so i get what i want.

id find it hard o just dump something id at least give it to someone else remember no matter how cheap or dear it is they still went to the effort to get it.

Comment

Our xmas tree is up took a few hours to decorate it.We got tinsel 2 xmas stockings miseltoe around the fire place.Table centre piece in the kitchen dining area and thats it.
                          Some neighbours have gone over the top with lights outdoors with a nice big electric bill in Januaryto look forward too.

I remember when decorations & balloons used to hang from the ceilings,making colourful paper chains from crepe dont happen anymore

Comment

im sure it still happens regarding crepe paper they where like round bits of paper that went tru eachother.tmas

i guess theyre happy to do it then they know there bill will be high.

ive no interest in chrismas as in putting up decorations but i love seeing others decorations send me a pic amethyst

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                            Our xmas tree is up took a few hours to decorate it.We got tinsel 2 xmas stockings miseltoe around the fire place.Table centre piece in the kitchen dining area and thats it.
                            Some neighbours have gone over the top with lights outdoors with a nice big electric bill in Januaryto look forward too.

I remember when decorations & balloons used to hang from the ceilings,making colourful paper chains from crepe dont happen anymore

Comment

I would love to show you Darren but I havent got a clue how to post pics on line see I havent been taught,I am sure it is easy enough when you know what your doing.When I went on a computer course a couple of years ago it was for confidence in doing emails etc.They did promise that we would go on the second course involving word processing and possibly photos but because of cut backs and lack of funds it did not happen.
                              Will have to find out from the library again

Comment

Working...
                              X