10 Real reasons we're obsessed with 90s nostalgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Real reasons we're obsessed with 90s nostalgia

Hey guys. I posted this on reddit and it's getting a lot of positive comments so I thought you guys might be interested in this as well. It's a post outlining some real reasons why we love to look back on the 90s so much. Check it out here http://toysfromthe90s.com/10-reasons...90s-nostalgia/

Re: 10 Real reasons we're obsessed with 90s nostalgia

I hate looking back on the 90's... worst decade for me
    70's & 80's were where its at

Comment

The 1990s were hit & miss for me, plenty of good things happened & along with a lot of bad things too.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

same here mate 90s was different for me too good and bad

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
        The 1990s were hit & miss for me, plenty of good things happened & along with a lot of bad things too.
        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
          I agree

Comment

Totally awesome:

+TISWAS

+Magpie (defo NOT Blue Peter) as Magpie had a Bond girl (Jenny Handley) as a host along with Susan Stranks who went on to stuff her hands up Itsy & Bitsy; those two handpuppet spiders
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback guys! Yeah I guess every decade has their pros and cons. I guess I was just looking into why so many people are happy to look back on it. More specifically, buzzfeed and other sites that focus on promoting viral content often gravitate towards 90s related stuff because they know it's really popular. The blog post outlines a few explanations to why that might be the case.

Comment

Nineties had its good points too it had some great tv shows such an nightmare last programme shown on citv each friday.

We still had grange hill of course and bockbusters.

Also the crystal maze which started in 1990 to 1995 a wonderful show.

CHALLENGE DOES SHOW TONS OF THESE SHOWSITS FANTASTIC TO WATCH THEM CATCHPHRASE WAS ANOTHER CRACKER.
                Last edited by darren; 25-03-2015, 11:20.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                  Nineties had its good points too it had some great tv shows such an nightmare last programme shown on citv each friday.

We still had grange hill of course and bockbusters.

Also the crystal maze which started in 1990 to 1995 a wonderful show.

CHALLENGE DOES SHOW TONS OF THESE SHOWSITS FANTASTIC TO WATCH THEM CATCHPHRASE WAS ANOTHER CRACKER.
                  I agree on all points here Darren, not forgetting too other programmes too like "Don't Forget Your Toothbrush" and One Foot In The Grave etc and many other ace comedy's!!

Though I loved the 80s more as was younger than the 1990s I still had a great time in both though I was more younger through the most of the 1980s to appreciate it - but I am so thankful I was 10 to 20 in the 1980s to 1990s not through one single decade!!

80sChav

Comment

TV comedy was really good in the 1990s, it helps that I was allowed to watch things post watershed at the start of the decade, though I did get in trouble after watching Ben Elton The Man From A.U.N.T.I.E.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                    X