Andy Pandy Looby Lou & Teddy Too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Pandy Looby Lou & Teddy Too

Andy Pandy was part of the Watch With Mother kids franchise for the BBC before the birth of BBC2

Andy Pandy had two friends called Teddy & Looby Lou. At the end of each episode Teddy & Looby Lou would go back into the pinic basket from whence they came. What did Teddy & Looby Lou get up too in that basket together? we all wondered & speculated. This was pre mini tv camera's. Nowadays we would be able to see with a mini infra red camera; as used to watch nestling birds in thir nest
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Andy Pandy Looby Lou & Teddy Too

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
    Andy Pandy was part of the Watch With Mother kids franchise for the BBC before the birth of BBC2

Andy Pandy had two friends called Teddy & Looby Lou. At the end of each episode Teddy & Looby Lou would go back into the pinic basket from whence they came. What did Teddy & Looby Lou get up too in that basket together? we all wondered & speculated. This was pre mini tv camera's. Nowadays we would be able to see with a mini infra red camera; as used to watch nestling birds in thir nest
    I loved them all I used to cry when it was time for them to go into the basket

Comment

kids franchise for the BBC before the birth of BBC2?????????
      raza

Comment

Andy is waving gooodbye.
        Goooodbye ...
        Goooooooodbyeeeee.......

Comment

I can remember being picked up under the arms by mum and being sat in front of the Telly to watch Andy Pandy or the Wooden Tops. All black and white and if I remember correctly it seemed to start with a flower opening up on screen. Mum got on with the housework, I have a feeling she used to iron the clothes at about the same rime as Watch With Mother was on. It's the memories I get when thinking back that far.

Comment

Yes, I remember the flower opening. I think it may have been the standard opening for the Watch with Mother slot before that day's actual programme started. The only Woodentops character I remember clearly is Spotty dog. Andy Pandy was probably my favourite along with Bill and Ben.

Comment

I was too young for the puppet shows of Andy Pandy, but had a few of the books, especially one which had a few different stories in, which might still be in my parents house somewhere.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Was Andy Pandy repeated in the early 1970s? I have a vague recollection of this being shown, I think I might have watched it once at my grandmother's house. I will admit I could not stand this character.
                Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

The Black and white series of films were shown for many years. In the early 70's they brought in the new colour series which replaced the old black and white episodes. We did not have colour until the mid 70's but I associate the new episodes with my brothers baby and toddler years during the early - mid 70's.The black and white episodes belong to my toddler years at the back end of the 60's.I must admit I much preferred the Wooden Tops and later Mary Mungo and Midge.

Comment

Originally posted by marc View Post
                    Was Andy Pandy repeated in the early 1970s?
                    Yep!
                    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

I had no idea that colour episodes of Andy Pandy were produced. Checking out that font of all knowledge, Wikipedia, 13 colour episodes were screened in 1970. Also, by the episode titles I am sure I have seen them, but at the time we still had a B+W TV set, so I wouldn't have realised they were in colour .

Comment

Working...
                      X