My Mums Dinky toy collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mums Dinky toy collection

One of the reasons I haven't been around for quite some time is basically because it's been a hard two years, my mum passed away a few weeks ago after a battle with cancer and also having been told in Jan 2014 that it would be imminent!
    Thanks to the absolute dedication by my step-father we all got to have another year with her and spent time visiting and being with her as much as possible and even got to have one more holiday which she loved, a five day trip to centre parcs Longleat with myself, my wife and two of her grandchildren.

I've probably mentioned it before on the forum but one of the things she did in my childhood was, on the day the news announced that Dinky were to stop producing toys in 1979/80, she went down to our local toyshops and just bought their entire stock.
    Occasionally she let me play with the odd car but they always had to go back in their boxes.

Unfortunately during house moves etc they haven't been looked after as best they could of and some of the boxes are not as good as they can be, but the cars etc are still perfect.

They've now come to me and this week I've started to go through them all and thought you might like to see.

Unfortunatly I've come to conclusion that they've just been stuck in an attic for 35 years and they will do no more than that with me. I love my guitars and want nothing more than a guitar that I can say "My mum bought me this one" so have decided to see about selling them, so here's the full collection before they are split up. (I've also been left a whole container of matchbox models of yesteryear, but they don't have the same collectability as these).
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Re: My Mums Dinky toy collection

great colletion if I was you I save them again now be worth something in future
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
      great colletion if I was you I save them again now be worth something in future
      In boxes too which people like

Comment

Sorry the last 2 yrs have been hard.

But this collection are very nice and from the pic they look in real good shape.

Interesting one of them is a star trek enterprise ship.
        Be worth a fair bit id think as it has spock on the box and sadly he aint with us now.
        Never knew dinky did anything other than cars.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
        X