Your first drink in a pub (or club).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your first drink in a pub (or club).

Can you remember your first drink in a pub? What was your first drink? Beer, larger, wine, cider? Did you wait until you were 18, or did you drink underage?

My first drink was in a pub in Porthcawl with a group of friends. I was staying with a friend and his family in a caravan. His brother had just turned 18. We went for a drink with him, his girlfriend and uncle. We were both 15 at the time, but got away with it. To be fair, we both looked 18 at the time. We had two pints of larger.

Just after my sixteenth birthday, my father took me out. First into a pub, then over to his then regular club. I then started going to the club regular. I started work soon after. A couple of them knew I was under age, but they would say, "If you are old enough to work and pay tax, you were old enough to drink."

I got to know a lot of people after this. Many of them were a great help to me. They also kept me "on the straight and narrow." Sadly, most of the older crowd are now drinking in that great pub/club in the sky.

Anybody got great memories of their first "pint"? Are there any bitter-sweet memories?
    Who cared about rules when you were young?

Re: Your first drink in a pub (or club).

Oh my goodness. Whitley bay Idols when I was 15 and we drank halves of cider and black between us cause we were poor and spotty. How mortifying. There was a DJ whose act was to rip it out of people and boy did he rip it out of us?

Comment

17 I think with lager & lime

Comment

yes, with a gang of us lads in the local pub - they all drank brown mix - and 'cos we were slightly underage whoever went to the bar wouldn't order my 'preferred' pint of lager in case they aroused suspicion and got us kicked out...so 5 brown mix it was then !- horrible 'old mans' drink

Comment

I used to have 1/2 pints of cider bought for me by the skittles team I used 'stick-up' for. I would have been 14 or 15 and the team was made up of Policemen,who should have known better!!

Comment

My first drink was guinness i think.
            Id day that around 20 yrs ago.

And im not a drinker can go yrs without any quite easy.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Half of Tennents Extra at age 16 in bar in Camber Sands
              We got served so then moved on to pints..

I was dragged home by a friend and was sick as a dog

Comment

15 on a school photography trip into Newcastle city centre (I wasn't even supposed to be on the trip, our teracher was off so we got split up between other classes, I didn't even take art!). I was 5"2 and look very 15yrs old but the lad I was paired with said "Should we try and get in ?" and in we went, The Haymarket at the top of Percy street. 1 1/2 pints of Scotch each as it's all we could afford.

Back then it seemed like the staff knew you were underage so would let you practice, let you have one or two but wouldn't serve you if you were anywhere near drunk.

Comment

We've been 15 years old, and it's been kinda sport bar, where we've been drinking some specific cider and beer.

Comment

After I've tried couple of manufacturers and producers of cider, I've stopped my eye on Crafty Nectar company, because it has maybe the widest and biggest collection of different tastes and even appetizers, which you can find in gift boxes. Anyone can order tesco cider nowadays, it's pretty easy to make it online, not alike it was dozens of years ago, when you had to go to an actual store.

Comment

I think it would have been Holstein...as a very junior sales assistant in a West End London shop we'd go out for a bit of a jolly jaunt on a Friday evening. The pub in question was tucked away between Regent and Carnaby Street, all good fun until I ambled home and was sick in my dinner early one evening... I'll spare you the details, parents not impressed to say the least!

Comment

Remember it well...I was 16 and my pal and i sheepishly approached the bar, heads lowered... "two pints of chesters mild please" there was a long pause and with a little "Hmm" the grumpy barmaid reluctantly delivered the goods, we took a seat in a hidden corner near the piano (this was the mid 70s) and we sat drinking this orrible muck and acting all grown up, pint in one hand fag in the other trying not to catch the eye of the real grown ups.....hillarious!
                        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I wasn't interested in drinking in pubs and clubbing until I was 24, have more than made up for it 24 years on!! - I had my first proper night out when I was 20. I started off with pints of Diamond White (as my friend's cousin drank it) - I had a cold and couldn't taste it, so it was going down like water. Needless to say I was on my knees and falling off the stool

Comment

Working...
                          X