Brit General Cinema Quiz.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brit General Cinema Quiz.

Who likes quizzes? I have created and run several movie/tv/sports quizzes on other forums. As I am new here I hope to follow suit on this forum. This thread is open for Brit movies/tv, actors/actresses, producers/directors and everthing in between. . Rules are simple. The person who answers correctly has the option of posting or calling open floor which allows another member to post.
    Wanna play? I will kick off the new quiz.
    Name the producer and director of every Carry On film made?

Re: Brit General Cinema Quiz.

Anyone going to reply to my quiz. As this is primarily a 70/80/90s forum I will alter my question to name the producer and director of all 70s Carry On films. These two men combined in a prolific partnership for at least two decades and are seen in the opening credits of every Carry On film..

Comment

All I know about Carry On movies is the two stars Sid James & Barbara Windsor
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Oh and not forgetting the iconic Kenneth Williams
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

The only one I know of is Gerald Thomas...
          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Hattie Jaques too - I had a crush on her
            sigpic

Comment

Gerald Thomas and Peter Rogers.
              The turnaround was about 6 weeks in making the movies. They were paid peanuts.
              It's worth listening to the film commentary to some of the movies. Fantastic insight into what went on.

Comment

Charles Hawtree
                sigpic

Comment

Apparently this is quite a well-known thing in quiz circles - what was the only X-certificate film to win the Best Picture Oscar?

Comment

Originally posted by Moonraker View Post
                    Gerald Thomas and Peter Rogers.
                    The turnaround was about 6 weeks in making the movies. They were paid peanuts.
                    It's worth listening to the film commentary to some of the movies. Fantastic insight into what went on.
                    Correct. Sorry for the delay..had to sort some stuff. I suspect Rogers and Thomas earned considerably more and got wealthy on the sweat of the Carry On team. But to survive in the one project for so long and at such a lofty standard speaks volumes for the pair.

What did I tell you. The two counting their earnings.

Last edited by Donald the Great; 13-09-2017, 05:15.

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                      Apparently this is quite a well-known thing in quiz circles - what was the only X-certificate film to win the Best Picture Oscar?
                      No-one? :cry:

Comment

Wild guess Zabadak. Lady Chatterly's Lover
                        Last edited by Donald the Great; 14-09-2017, 02:52.

Comment

Nice try - no, a 1970s film but set in new York City, John Barry soundtrack...

Comment

Midnight Cowboy. This is a Brit thread.

Comment

Fairy nuff

Comment

Working...
                              X