Bradford Fire 1985

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradford Fire 1985

Does Anyone Remember This Tragic Event When 56 People Lost Their Lives That Day. on the 11th of may

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Re: Bradford Fire 1985

Originally posted by onthebusesfan View Post
    Does Anyone Remember This Tragic Event When 56 People Lost Their Lives That Day. on the 11th of may
    Yes, I do. One of Yorkshire's worst disasters. It was started by a cigarette, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Bear View Post
      Yes, I do. One of Yorkshire's worst disasters. It was started by a cigarette, I think.
      Thats Right I Think It Was Do You Remember Seening On Telly unfolding into a massive fire on match of the day and the news.

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Very vaugly I do - though I was 8 at the time, as it was relative local to me

If you had asked me about Hillsborough Disaster too Onthebusesfan, Hillsborough was even more so lcoal- I can recall that day - 1 day before my 12th Birthday like yesterday what I did that April 15th 1989

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Bear View Post
          Cigarette. Reminiscent of the King's Cross Tube fire. After which smoking was banned on the Tube. People now could never contemplate that there was a time when smoking was permissible in the carriages.

Comment

With the Kings Cross file they had wooden escalators. Since then they have installed metal ones as seen in department stores & the like
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Yes a friend of mine, Steve Parsons died in the Kings Cross fire. It must have been terrible. He had two young sons and was getting remarried. He lived in St Albans. Tragic.

Comment

I did a Fire Warden's course for work and they played a tape of this, showing what went wrong - very harrowing!
                Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

World of Sport was still on Saturday afternoons, and so they covered it.

I remember my parents having that Gerry Marsden "You'll Never Walk Alone" charity LP that raised money for the fund. Various celebrities such as the late Sir Bruce Forsyth were on the front cover.

The B-side had celebrity tributes on with the music playing in the background.
                  I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                  There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I was in the car with the radio switched on and reports were coming in that there was a fire. It didn't really dawn on me just how bad it was until I got home and saw the TV coverage.

Comment

I remember one often repeated clip was a man walking across the pitch unaware that his jacket was on fire.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Oh Yeah With Rolf Harris On The Front & Dave Lee Travis lol

Comment

Oh Yeah With Rolf Harris On The Front & Dave Lee Travis lol
                          Yes, I resisted mentioning those names. Along with the male celebs, there were also some women of the Page Three variety seen on the front cover of the LP as well.
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

what page 3 girls were on it i cant remember

Comment

what page 3 girls were on it i cant remember
                              One of the obvious ones seems to be Samantha Fox, and probably one other, but then again, they all looked the same if you know what I mean.

Here is what the front cover of that LP looked like, and the famous faces on the front of it:

(I know it's a bit small).
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by George 1978; 19-11-2017, 15:13.
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                              X