Rip Jim Bowen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rip Jim Bowen

Rip Jim Bowen Who Presented Bullseye He has died at the age of 80. rip another legend gone

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Re: Rip Jim Bowen

R I P JIM BOWEN.
    SAD NEWS BEEN A BAD DAY FOR DEATHS.

Born Peter Williams in Heswall, Cheshire, on 20 August 1937, Bowen became a teacher at schools in Lancashire and subsequently deputy headmaster of Caton primary near Lancaster.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Sad to hear that Jim Bowen has passed away. Best known for presenting Bullseye, a staple of sunday nights for many years, I also remember him from The Comedians in the 70s. RIP Jim Bowen.

Comment

R. I. P Jim Bowen, i loved watching Bullseye. Did he present anything else other than Bullseye?

Comment

R.I.P. Jim Bowen.
          Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

What a bad week for stars passing away this has been - it has been like 2017 all over again I feel

Jim was a legend indeed - nobody could do Bullseye like jim - just like Chris Tarrant and Who Wants To B ea Millionaire or Anne Robinson and the Weakest Link

For me no word of a lie - hbeing about 7 to 11 years old Jim made Bullseye for me and watching it gavce me such an intrigue to get into Darts/want a Dartboard at that age (not as I have got a 20 or the actual Bullseye), but I am certain I speak for fans of the 80s re darts and Jim hosting Bullseye! To see a prize could be won by simply was so, so novel too and a masterstroke of an idea I feel/think to be honest

It is no often though I use the word legend - but Jim sure, sure was in belonging to that era where you never had to be a celeb to be famous on Telly and in how you made your own "run/walk up the ladder" as an appretince/right hand man etc etc

RIP Jim Bowen

Comment

He was the face of 1980s Sunday teatimes just like Sir Harry Secombe and Dame Thora Hird.

Jim Bowen was such an unlikely choice to be a game show host, or have anything connected with darts for that matter. I am certain that he didn't really like the fact that Bullseye had made him become just as much associated with the sport of darts as someone like Eric Bristow or Jocky Wilson would be for example.
              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Was it Bulls Eye where the star prize was a speed boat?

What happened if you won the speed boat but lived in a tower block? lol
                sigpic
                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Being too you to see The Comedians Bullseye was the only thing I saw Jim on for years.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                  X