Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone still have any of their 'trendy' shell suits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone still have any of their 'trendy' shell suits?

It was probably one of the worst fashion trends of modern times, but I'd be interested to know how many of you have kept their shiny, bright and if I remember correctly rather dangerous 'designer' clothes.

I say dangerous simply because I have a vague recollection of them being a massive fire hazard, especially on bomb fire night.
    What a great idea for clothing, wearing a highly flammable layer of luminous plastic, that if burns will melt onto your skin.
    I would love to meet the designer and congratulate him for being such an idiot.

I dont still have mine but i remember my mom dad me brother and my sister all 5 of os wearing matching ones to go to the airport in, in about 1989!!! and i still have the pictures!!!
    No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

Show us the photos Dondons!
      Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
      http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

i will collect them from my moms and post them on here by the end of the week!
        No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

i remember nearly going up in flames skidding across the school gym floor, i still have a scar on my knee

Comment

Never had the whole suit, but I did have a pair of trousers. Ghastly!
            Thankfully, no photos were taken at the time....
            Old enough to know better...

Comment

i can remember a girl at school who didnt wear school uniform and turned uo in a shell suit. One day the little angels in our year took a lighter to her backside and melted a nice little hole in them...bloody lucky the whole of her didnt go up!
              If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

I got rid of my shell bottoms i was creating too much static electricity when i ran nice feeling though
                Due to having long hair i looked like one of those Trolls !

Comment

Re: Shell Suits

I never think of shell suits as being an 80's thing. For me, 1990 was the year of the shell suit, or at least it was where I lived. That's when I got mine. I don't think they were around mid-80's.

I know you could get brightly coloured nylon track suits before 1990, but an actual 'shell suit' to me was made of crinkly nylon, not the smooth nylon of other track suits. Can anyone confirm when the crinkly shell suits were first available?
                  1976 Vintage

Comment

Re: Shell Suits

Shellsuits were great. As I said (I think in another thread) though as much as they had their critics I think they made Tracksuit's what they are Today. Without a shdaw of a doubt though I think they are now recalled well as a fashion icon of the time, even if they had their critics "back in the day" Modern Sportswear owes so much to them I think. I used to love my Shellsuits and wore them where-ever ... even the Jacket as a coat for school until they tried with little luck to ban them being worn (the Jacket Top).

Comment

Re: Does anyone still have any of their 'trendy' shell suits?

No, i've not got any either ... but I think AirMax Tracksuit Bottoms (which I have one or two of) are similar. I don't mean ones like though the shiney type ones though like Adidas are today's equivlent or similar-ish are similar.
                      Last edited by 80sChav; 27-02-2012, 18:15.

Comment

Re: Does anyone still have any of their 'trendy' shell suits?

i had lots of shell suits.

do not have any now.

but i found people either loved or hated them.

And tjhey where very easy ripped if i remember correctly.
                        one things certain if i still had any of my shell suits id still wear them.
                        and yes i had crinkly ones.
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                        X