shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shoes

Hi there, i was just wondering if anyone knows the name of some shoes that i used to wear in the 80's. They were flat and they had a pointed toe and were lace ups. The weren't winkle pickers, the toes were not that big. I've searched everywhere on line and can't find even any pictures of them. They were worn by just women as far as i know. They were predominatly white, mine were white, and they had little holes in the sides and front as a pattern. I would love to be able to get hold of a pair again as they were really comfy. Any ideas please.
    Angiebaby.x

Re: shoes

Not those white leather lace-up "Jazz" shoes,that were popular in the 80's is it?

Comment

I had a white pair too honey and though I never knew what name they went by I always classed mine as brogues
      sigpic
      Mrs Oggy
      ~~~*~~~*~~~
      Count your friends amongst the stars....
      And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Yes,I seem to recall there was a period in the mid? 80's,when girls were wearing paisley shirts and white brogues, sound familiar?

Comment

Daz, no you come to mention it i just remembered that i DID have a paisley shirt. LOL. It was very trendy. Could you find a picture then of the shoes you think they were. I would love to be able to know and even get hold of a pair. So comfy! Thanks for the replies. And yes i do remember the 'black and white' design, very well. Ha.x

Comment

I found some on line on some silly site showing lots of fashion things and things from the past. I have saved a picture of them and think i've attached it but not done that before so not really sure! lol. Anyway the picture is of gold shoes, mine where white ones, can't find any of them though. Angiebaby.x
            Attached Files

Comment

I think I know the ones your on about. i had a pair of white shoes that were slightly pointed but had holes on the sides and had lace ups but were only about 6 holes, they were leather and very comfy. You could also get them in black but didnt look the same. sorry dont know the name of them, but will try and have a look on the net aswell, in fact wouldnt mind another pair.

Comment

Think Doc Martin did a whole lot of styles(and colour) like that when trying to break away from the industrial look.
                The eyes have it!
                sigpic

Comment

I remember them too
                  One mans trash is another mans treasure !

Comment

Doc Marts...black or red. End of.
                    sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
                      Doc Marts...black or red. End of.
                      No, Doc Martens were about but the ones we mean were more like pvc plimsols except with pointy toes.

Comment

Jam shoes? or what about those trips to soho carnaby street to buy a pair of shelley shoes

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Clod View Post
                          Jam shoes? or what about those trips to soho carnaby street to buy a pair of shelley shoes
                          How the other half live....I used to gaze into that window.
                          Do you remember silver frog jewellers?

Comment

There is a Great Frog silver shop in Brighton

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
                              There is a Great Frog silver shop in Brighton
                              Maybe that's what I was thinking of. They did a lot of skulls etc and sold to the rock bands of the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X