worst football kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: worst football kit?

When i played football i was a goalkeeper and had some god awful shirts to wear from headache inducing bright yellow or hi-viz green or while the rest of the team had a decent navy blue and black top i had a gold ,black and red number that looked like pub carpet.

Comment

mam utd's green and fold was pretty bad.

as was there grey one.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
        mam utd's green and fold was pretty bad.

as was there grey one.
        Why single out those 2? I find all Man U shirts hideous. The stole my beloved rugby teams nickname. Salford are the original red devils.
        "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Gosh there were some horrendous ones but good ones too! Like when the Premier began in 1992 I recall a full 2 pages in 1 Sunday paper with all the Clubs and Kits to celebrate it's start!

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
            Why single out those 2? I find all Man U shirts hideous. The stole my beloved rugby teams nickname. Salford are the original red devils.
            they where the only ones i could think if straight away mate.

Comment

I know which was the best ... easier to pick than the worst! The one that Leeds Utd won the old 1st Division with in 1991-92! What an amazing kit that was .... more so as all (including, Shirt, Shorts and Socks was ace)

That was and is still unusual for all 3 item's to be great at once I feel/think.

Comment

Originally posted by diffle View Post
                When i played football i was a goalkeeper and had some god awful shirts to wear from headache inducing bright yellow or hi-viz green or while the rest of the team had a decent navy blue and black top i had a gold ,black and red number that looked like pub carpet.
                Often when I was a Gaolie (not as Kid) but as younger adult we'd just wear another Team shirt ... like an England one or a plain National Country Club one and the rest would play in the Teams kit, quite cool in that respect!

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                  I know which was the best ... easier to pick than the worst! The one that Leeds Utd won the old 1st Division with in 1991-92! What an amazing kit that was .... more so as all (including, Shirt, Shorts and Socks was ace)

That was and is still unusual for all 3 item's to be great at once I feel/think.
                  It's hard to get it wrong with a white kit. Green, pink and even yellow on the other hand....

Comment

i think the home kit was all white and the away kit was mainly yellow.

actually quite nice.
                    not like man u's grey one where the players could not see each other.

kits in the ild days where much thicker.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                      i think the home kit was all white and the away kit was mainly yellow.

actually quite nice.
                      not like man u's grey one where the players could not see each other.

kits in the ild days where much thicker.
                      It was one of the very very best, I think Darren yeah. This( as a #n odd reason) was what partialy what got Me into following Leeds Utd as a Kid and it has stuk, though they are not my number 1 fave Team.

It was also to do with they had that great era from 1989/1990 to 1992 when they won the last old First Division before it became the Premier Leauge, but for Me, Leeds have always had lovley strips. Same a few years later in 1998/1999/2000 when they had the brilliant Puma one that i've always liked, when they had David O' Leary building a great great team.

Comment

We certainly could have learnt a thing or two from the germans

Comment

There's a new shirt just come out that looks like a red table cloth.

Comment

I recall most from the late 1980s being quite rancid - at least until about 1994. The one decent one that did'nt fall into such a catargory (and probably the exception) was a Sharp mid to late 1980's Man Utd I recall owing around 1987 and beng photographed on holiday at Butlins in Ayr wearing it.

A lot though as I say - I recall being rancid in taste like a Celtic one of Yellow and Green from 1991/1992 - though i love booth Yellow and Green ... no way should they be matched together. Another honourable mention has to go to those "Padded Goalie Shirts" that came into being after Goalie's changed from plain colours which looked like an awful bed quilt with diamond shapes interwoven in varying colours!!

80sChav

Comment

oh god yes i so agree it was more like green and gold..

ilove the padded goalie tops im not sure they still do them but they look warm.

also man utd's grey top as well was not great.

I recall most from the late 1980s being quite rancid - at least until about 1994. The one decent one that did'nt fall into such a catargory (and probably the exception) was a Sharp mid to late 1980's Man Utd I recall owing around 1987 and beng photographed on holiday at Butlins in Ayr wearing it.

A lot though as I say - I recall being rancid in taste like a Celtic one of Yellow and Green from 1991/1992 - though i love booth Yellow and Green ... no way should they be matched together. Another honourable mention has to go to those "Padded Goalie Shirts" that came into being after Goalie's changed from plain colours which looked like an awful bed quilt with diamond shapes interwoven in varying colours!!

80sChav

Comment

Personally I think this is the worse football kit!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X