Vesta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vesta

OMG, just seen vesta chow mein in Morrisons...i thought this 70s favourite had died out with the dodo, i remember this gloopy concoxion which tasted of pure monosodium glutamate and lugworms, the crispy noodles however were quite nice as i remember other vesta meals in the range included beef or chicken curry and i think chop suey?
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Re: Vesta

Paella is another in the Vesta range.

I wonder who still buys Vesta meals & Frey Bentos pies in a tin, considering how many people have fridges & freezers for ready meals.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

When were they last advertised on TV? The 1990s perhaps?

They have had such a low profile in recent years, probably because people think that they are no longer being made.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Wow, Vesta - my introduction to foreign food (unless you count Scotch eggs )
        Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
          Wow, Vesta - my introduction to foreign food (unless you count Scotch eggs )
          Me too...thought i was so cosmopolitan eating my vesta

Comment

I had a Vesta Chow Mein a few months ago. I remember the Chop Suey, Chicken Curry and Beef Curry as well, my favourite being the Chop Suey. Not sure if only the Chow Mein is available now, but it is the only one I have seen in the supermarket. I don't remember a Vesta Paella, or at least not from when I used to eat a lot of Vesta meals in the 80s.

Comment

I believe that they are very popular with students (makes a change from beans on toast and Ryvita when the money runs out...)
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

OMG indeed Tex, I can remember the Curry because I think we used to take it camping when I was little, thought that was long gone though

Comment

Originally posted by Jemima View Post
                  OMG indeed Tex, I can remember the Curry because I think we used to take it camping when I was little, thought that was long gone though
                  I suspect the curries are gone, only saw chow mein in Morrisons

Comment

I did find packets of Vesta Beef Curry and Beef Risotto in my local Poundlound up to a few months ago...maybe just remaindered stock?

I do remember there was Chicken Supreme and Bolognaise varieties back in the 1970s...most likely other flavours which only lasted a short while (the Bolognaise was pretty rank looking if I remember rightly).

Comment

I thought that Heinz had took Vesta over at some point in the mid 1990s, as I am sure that the "from Heinz" wording was on some packs - or am I probably confusing that with Weight Watchers food?
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                      X