It was all right in the 1970's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was all right in the 1970's

hope its ok to put this thread on the forum even though its about the seventies it was made in the 2000's.

I watch it all the time and some of the views and opinions on subjects it quit incredible looking back.
    But in there time it was allowed.

Of course there are outrageously funny shocking things to they show on the show.

Some of the risky things they did on tv kid shows etc.

Does any other members watch it.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Re: It was all right in the 1970's

They did a 1960s and 1980s one too!
    All good IMO.

Comment

There was one scene in the programme (It was alright in the 1970s), where a man threw himself on top of a women to protect her from an explosion. They seemed shocked watching it. Obviously, they did not live through, or remember the I.R.A. campaign through that period. That happened multiple times, more-so when there was a shooting. I well remember an incident where a soldier wrapped himself around one or two young girls to protect them from a grenade that had been thrown. He died in the resulting explosion, the girl(s) survived. While there certainly was some moments in the show that would raise a couple of eyebrows/questions now, they also need to remember the time in question.
      Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Yeah marc a lot of the things that went on then as you say where acceptable for the time although i do remember mary whitehouse complaining about a scene from dr who where tom baker neard drowned in the deadly assassin.

She said it could affect kids in a very bad way seeing that.
        I THINK THERE ARE AT 3 OR 4 EPISODES OF THIS SHOW SHOWING DIFFERENT CLIPS.

That incident you describe was brave and something that would have happened a lot.
        Last edited by darren; 21-02-2019, 17:19.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

In 40 years time there will be programmes looking back at the 2010s and mocking our present fashions, fads, social attitudes and so forth, just like programmes do today about the 1970s.

Comment

I watched it and really enjoyed it, but I thought some of the celebs reactions was very much over the top, yes some of the tv was of its time and should never be repeated but the reaction to some of the milder stuff was ridiculous.
            Last edited by Hooper68; 23-02-2019, 21:32. Reason: Iffy grammar

Comment

Working...
            X