Doctor sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor sleep

Anybody else really looking forward to the Shining sequel doctor sleep? The Shining has long been one of my fave horror films and in october the long awaited sequel hits our cinema screens. The sequel finds Danny torrance played by Ewan mcgregor now in his 30s and a alcoholic being haunted once again by ghosts from his past...can't wait!
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Re: Doctor sleep

Last year I read The a shining again prior to reading Dr Sleep. The book is no way close to the brilliance of The Shining. I just hope that the film lives up to the original film.

Comment

Not long after we had our first VCR, my sister used to have a thing about 18 certificate films, renting videos from a local video place (ID included methinks), and even taping them off the TV - one of the first ones was of The Shining which probably recorded from Channel 4 and including adverts was the best part of three hours long. I still don't know why she went for something like that - even I wouldn't usually touch something greater than a 15 certificate with a bargepole.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

So yeah, going saturday....full analysis sunday

Comment

Hmmm, The Shining...

I have a love/hate relationship with this film. I saw it when it came out and was... underwhelmed. I've not read the book but was not surprised to hear later that Stephen King wasn't happy with the translation to the big screen.

Having said that, I re-watched it a few months ago and liked it a lot more, for some reason. I think it may be because I checked the Trivia section in IMDB first and could appreciate some of the inner workings of the movie.

Anyway, I won't be watching the new film in the cinema but will definitely check it out when it comes to my tellybox!
          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
            So yeah, going saturday....full analysis sunday
            Will look forward to it.
            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

SO here is a film which without the predictable reliance upon imagery and flashbacks to The shining would of been a rather dull affair and in places rather silly, Ewan mcgregor stars as Dan torrance the now adult son of mad Jack torrance who after a life of torment by demons from his past is contacted by another "shiner" a young girl who assists Dan in finding and killing a gang of renegades who are able to remain young by killing "shiners" and consuming there souls. It's as daft as it sounds but the return to the Overlook hotel and the showdown with the gang leader saves the film from being labeled a complete turkey 6/10

Comment

Working...
              X