Old members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old members

I don't know what Heather, HG, Big Daddy think - but at times I think back to older members who Pm'd me and moved on and never returned to post again

I am sure it has been mentioned elsewhere - though I can not find it and neither on page 1 of "suggestions", or may-be it was in another thread itself but regardless I could not find it on searching, but though yes people move on they must've had an interest at one hour or other in the DYM Remitt Years and obviously something stopped them posting 9be it work, no PC, moving etc)

I wonder could anything be done in a Email-shot (Mail-shot form) to encourage/ "give food for thought" for older members who have not posted in ages to return as as much as I love it here and I know that Heather, HG and Big Daddy do an immensly sterling job kleeping here relevent but I love new people's posts as well as current members and it's great that those threads from years back can be resuurected with no come-up-ance etc (un-like on any other Forum I go on), just that it feels at times nobody knows what to say on subjects/threads - unless it is something we had all forgot or is Topical - like a re-accuring anniversery like Princess Diana

I hope it's ok to ask as as Isay here is a superb forum - amazingly run and kept upto date greatly by all in charge, and is a true one-off of it's kind

Thanks

80sChav

Re: Old members

One of the reasons I have not been on this site for a while, my laptop has given up the ghost. I've been using my wife's on a limited basis. hoping to have the laptop repaired.or replaced. Also work, early starts and late finishes.
    Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

People just move on basically or just lose interest - at the end of this month, it will be two years since I first joined although I have been aware of this forum for many years before that. Sometimes I wished that I had joined a decade ago and corresponded with some of them, but at the end of the day, there isn't really a right or wrong time to join in and take part, considering that we are mostly talking and writing about the past on here.

It is a superb forum - it allows members to express themselves through their writing and also it allows them to express themselves about the past and what it meant to them back then.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

This is easily the best place to my mind .. so many memories from other people bring back memories of my own ... very therapeutic !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've been here nearly 2yrs now. I joined because my friend was here, now that he's gone though i am enjoying it more because i no longer feel pressured by him to login. I login when i have a break at work or when i have spare time at home.

Comment

I love it here been gone for a while but now I am back enjoy reading other members post who have similar interests and memories

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
              I love it here been gone for a while but now I am back enjoy reading other members post who have similar interests and memories
              I have to ask is that your adorable cat in your avatar? ☺

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                This is easily the best place to my mind .. so many memories from other people bring back memories of my own ... very therapeutic !!
                Agreed - I bet that for some members, it's like stepping into a time machine and freely talking about their memories.
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
                  I have to ask is that your adorable cat in your avatar? ☺
                  No I wish she was also would love to have a dog small border terrier

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                    Agreed - I bet that for some members, it's like stepping into a time machine and freely talking about their memories.
                    Somebody recently mentioned the home made draw stringed PE bags !!

I’d forgotten all about them

Comment

They were a lot better than carrying one's PE Kit in a carrier bag hung up in the corner of the classroom or cloakroom - one could wash them for one thing.
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

We already send out a yearly birthday email in hope to bring people back.
                        I did also ask quite some time ago if we could start sending monthly 'whats hot on the forum' messages, but was told it was far to big a task.
                        Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
                          We already send out a yearly birthday email in hope to bring people back.
                          I did also ask quite some time ago if we could start sending monthly 'whats hot on the forum' messages, but was told it was far to big a task.
                          Maybe that’s why there’s only about five of us around here

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                            Somebody recently mentioned the home made draw stringed PE bags !!

I’d forgotten all about them

We had those - with "said school name" on then at High School moved onto more "fashoionable" ones George!

80sChav

Comment

hiya u should not feel pressured to do anything login when u can or when your happy to do so.

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
                              I've been here nearly 2yrs now. I joined because my friend was here, now that he's gone though i am enjoying it more because i no longer feel pressured by him to login. I login when i have a break at work or when i have spare time at home.
                              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                              X