late 80s/ 90s channel 4 kids show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• late 80s/ 90s channel 4 kids show

I am trying to remember the name of a kids show that i think used to be on channel 4 on sundays around lunchtime. It was presented by someone like sylvester Mccoy or tony robinson and they had a team of kids come to a historic stately home or castle etc where they had actors playing roles from that period. the kids had to stop a time paradox from happening by solving clues. I think there was a bad charachter who was involved who was committing crimes in different times. not 100% on all this info. i'm sure it was called time something?

please help, i've looked everywhere but no luck

Re: late 80s/ 90s channel 4 kids show

I have seen this programme too, but also cannot think of the name. sorry not much help.
    "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

Re: late 80s/ 90s channel 4 kids show

Originally posted by andria View Post
      I have seen this programme too, but also cannot think of the name. sorry not much help.
      hmmm, atleast i know now i wasnt imagining it.

Comment

help please.

Sorry, i have posted this before a few months ago, it is still bugging me. Thought maybe someone new might be able to help.
        It was a kids show early 90s i think. it was sort of a game show but tnot with questions etc. a teams of kids would go to a castle or stately home where actors played people form that period and the kids had to stop a time paradox happening. there was a bad charachter who would try and change events in time and the kids would have to stop him by asking actors questions and doing tasks etc. i'm sure it was presented my sylvester mccoy/ tony robinson or someone like that. i think it was on channel 4 early mornings/ lunchtime on sundays but am not sure.
        PLeas help!!!

Comment

Re: help please.

Sounds like the Crystal Maze to me !!

Or maybe The Adventure Game where kids had to cross the Vortex !!

You Tube have bits of both these on Video Clips
          Last edited by joybee; 17-07-2007, 00:27.
          Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
          <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

This sounds soooo familiar yet i cant recall the name of it for the life of me.

The Adventure game and The Crystal Maze were both for adult competitors so i doubt it is one of those and i looked up Sylvester Mccoy and Tony Robison on IMDB and none of them have any credits for that kind of show around the late 80's / early 90's.

This is gonna bug the heck outta me !

Comment

LOL woff me too, I did the old Wilkipedia Search on both the above, also drew blanks, there was a Childrens version of the Crystal Maze, showing repeats now on Challenge T.V, but that just does not fit the bill for me and was not the Adventure Game more early eighties? It does ring bells, I seem to remember it being more historic/period set, than the Crystal Maze too.

There's no way it could be CITV's Night Mare is there

Though I am sure this search is for something far more factual
              Last edited by Heather74; 17-07-2007, 14:52.
              Heather

Comment

It's not this is it?

Where in Time Is Carmen Sandiego?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_i...en_Sandiego%3F

Comment

Yes I did the Wikipedia thing too but when I came up with nothing, suggested the other two !! There's another one I can't remember the name of too -Fort something, took place in a Fort off the coast of France.

If Gothic is right, some of the facts are wrong !! Firstly, Carmen Sandiego is female and oricson said a male baddy and this was an American series and again Oricson says a well known english presenter such as Tony or Sylvester.......

Keep thinking chaps !!
                  Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
                  <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Do you mean Fort Boyard? Cant think what it was about, will have to look.
                    Heather

Comment

its definatley not crystal maze or knightmare. i think woffski and huggie are thinking if the same thing as me. I'm not sure if the presenter was well known or not. i just remember him wearing a sort of doctor who style outfit with scarf etc. I seem to remember at the end of the show the kids had to get back to a bus which was supposed to be a time machine i think. the bus was all done up to look all hi tech etc. hope this jogs someones memory

Comment

Thread on this here.. Time Busters

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=4075

Comment

now how much of a coincidence would that be if it was time busters lol, not fort boyard though, I remember that, it was adults and hosted by melinder messenger which is quite a stretch to Tony Robinson or sylvester mcCoy. Fort Boyard was so cheesy just for leslie grantham sneering haha

Comment

Working...
                          X