An Album/cd you bought.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Album/cd you bought.......

on the strength of a single then wished you hadn't?

Been a few but for starters...

Spin Doctors-Two Princes great track, guff album.
    Iggy Pop Raw Power-Passengers it aint!
    Suzzane Vega-(my very first cd purchase) as Luka has been sampled many a time it says it all about the only decent track.

and recently Bloc Party-I remember- a stand out track but the rest are dross.
    The eyes have it!
    sigpic

Re: An Album/cd you bought.......

I once bought a Lenny Kravitz album, can't remember what it was called it was so bad. The only good song was 'Are you gonna go my way?' The rest was utter garbage.
    "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Have to disagree...
      Raw Power is a classic! terrible production,but the Stooges at full tilt!
      but agree with Lenny..
      Lenny Kravitz's first two albums are classics but he went poo after that though

I have to add..The Dandy Warhols
      all the songs sound the same, similarly anything by the Red Hot Chili Peppers..all the albums they have ever made are interchangable..fast,one slow one,funky one,punky one..boring as hell and all sound identical to me..
      oh and stop banging on about Cali-sodding-fornia!!
      Last edited by sixtyten; 10-05-2007, 12:14.

Comment

Bought T'Pau album Bridge Of Spies on the strength of Heart & Soul and China In Your Hand - the rest of it was utter kak.

Also bought Yazz & The Plastic Population album Where The Road Leads because of The Only Way Is Up. This also was a pile of poo.

I've been very careful since then not to waste my money on seemingly good artists. Since getting a PC 8 years ago, if there's a tune I like nowadays I just download it of t'interweb. Saves money and disappointment.

The last cd album I got that was **** was Nellyville by Nelly. It's got about 20 tracks on it but only 3 are any good. Luckily this album was a gift so it cost me nowt.

Comment

I have to confess I never buy albums anymore, since the advent of MP3..I get all my music (9 full hard drives of it,some as large as 70gb) from various web sources..was different when albums were on sale,but never really got excited by the packaging of a CD,so just prefer the sounds to all the razatazazz..(unlike when I was a boy and bought absolutely any old tosh as long as it was coloured vinyl,limited edition ,picture discs,etc)

Comment

Sacrilege the Dandys are the finest band to come out of the US of A ...well ever! In reverse of the thread I started I bought Boheimian Like You and on the strength of this single bought the whole Dandy's catalogue. This generations Velvets.

Going back to the thread

Sade Smooth Operator- sad eh!
            King -liked the spray painted DM's the music pap
            Mrs P's bought Take that on the stregth of Patience....which is now trying mine!
            The eyes have it!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pedro View Post
              This generations Velvets
              Should be treated like the Velvets were in the 60's..I.E Ignored
              talentless bunch of druggy posers to a man (and woman).
              should not even be mentioned in the same breath as The V.U

Comment

Been in my Mum's loft and found my copy of Leif Garret's album Same goes for You (deep, deep shame). This just shows what a pretty face and a pair of tight leather trousers can do to a teenage girls mind. On the plus side also found 12" copy of Tainted Love.

Comment

Ooh! The segue of Tainted Love/Where did our love go

great stuff

Comment

Working...
                  X