Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Trips

What school trips did you go on???
    Were you a front or back seat traveller, did you stick with the tour or wander off???
    I remember being more excited about the fact I got to take a "packed Lunch" It was the highlight of any trip.
    Worse of all were you ever made to stay behind and join a different class:cry:
    Worse trip was to the Theatre to see a really boring play.
    Best a trip to the sea side, buckets ' n' spades an all!!!
    Heather

Re: School Trips

Never got the chance to do the expensive ones like Skiing,etc
    went to Margate in Junior school and Brighton in seniors..exotic,eh?

Comment

I gave up the chance of an adventure trip once, as both my brother and I took home the slip the same day, I thought I'd be the big girl and let him go, on the promise from mum, my turn would be next, would you believe the school never did another "holiday trip" after that, so I missed my chance:cry:.
      Heather

Comment

The buggers! we had several big ones in seniors..Skiing in Italy,Trip to America, but I had the same thing. my sister had never been (as they could not afford it in the early 70's) so I wasn't allowed either.
        Don't think I missed much to be honest
        Last edited by sixtyten; 12-06-2007, 21:49.

Comment

Forgot,I also went to the Royal Opera House to watch The Barber of Seville

That was a bloody nightmare! I Hate Opera!

Comment

There were only day trips when I ws a kid and mostly to places like Stanley Head and Kibbleston Camp ( Within 10 miles of home)
            The biggy was the Liverpool / New Brighton one - across the Mersey on the ferry and back under it through the tunnel.

Didn't get to go abroad or on a plane at all till I was wrong side of 50
            Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
            <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

We seemed to go every year with our Junior/Infant school to Colchester Zoo. Where i'd have a duffle bag with a packed lunch in and we had to wear a red/white striped bobble hat so we could be seen easily. I always seemed to leave the gift shop with one of those plastic snakes that moves when you tip it side to side.

Another place we used to go was Southend Aircraft Museum, just off the Airport. The Vulcan Bomber was always a fave (they had American and Classic car shows there too). Same deal with the gift shop, always left with the same item, this time, Airfix kits. Shame it closed and turned into Roller City, don't know what it is now though.

Our big trip was to the Isle of Wight, that was good. We stayed in a reputedly haunted hotel and one of the girls told the others the story of the ghost and made them all cry. One night was reserved for a midnight feast and everyone had taken treats for it. This was when you could still get your own sand from the bottom of the coloured sand cliffs (can't remember their name).

I wasn't keen on the coach trips though, I always got travel sick, I still can't read in a car/coach now.
              Last edited by sixtyten; 13-06-2007, 11:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
                We seemed to go every year with our Junior/Infant school to Colchester Zoo. Where i'd have a duffle bag with a packed lunch in and we had to wear a red/white striped bobble hat so we could be seen easily.
                Something like this?

"Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Coloured sand comes from Alum Bay

Comment

Went to the Isle of Wight for a week..... and we went to Alum Bay and did sand filled odd things for our mums, they must have been so pleased! There were 5 f us in room = bedlam!

Did a weeks exchange in Germany, developed acute home sickness and got very badly sunburnt.

Then there were the day trips: Da Vinci exhibition (which we took 2 minutes to go round and spent the rest of the day in London shopping), Alton Towers, Leverton Windmill (I bought my mum a bag of flour as a present!!) Connisborough Castle and my favourite, in uni, a bus tour of previous industrial areas in Sheffield....
                    If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

Homesick In Germany!!
                      I'd consider giving up my beloved Brighton to live there

Comment

I can't really remember too many school trips and non that were eventful, I remember going to Beamish Musuem, York and Hadrians Wall, thats about it.

Not a school trip, but i did go on a camping holiday to Oban with cubs, which unfortunately i had to cut short through homesickness
                        The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I remember going to London Zoo, the Natural History Museum, Margate, Windsor Safari Park.....I'm sure there are others but those are the ones that stand out. Always good fun!
                          "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Hi all

remember going mainly later in my Secondary school on one or two trips.....

All the in vogue places I'm sure you'll be jealous when I tell ya.........

Grimsby fish docks - under some premise that it was for geography I think - Can't really remember much about that except stopping off in Lincoln.

Science Museum in London - Great day - got to chat to loads of Dorises from other schools - Oh dear I don't think that was the point of the trip was it ?

Lathkill Dale - The best trip of all - Went drinking at Lunchtime in Bakewell - all stood at the loung bar - looked across into the Bar to see all the teachers - everybody scattered except one lad who looked the oldest and was ordering!
                            Went down into the dale - the teachers were fab & relaxed and showed us they we're humans just like us - that was a shock I can tell ya.

See told ya you'd be jealous

Comment

We were brought to Killarney every year - when you're cooped up in boarding school you don't care, believe me !
                              One of the class set off a stink bomb in a stately house & the teacher threatened to bring us all back top school straight away if the culprit didn't own up ( he did ).
                              Happiest days of your life my a**e !

Comment

Working...
                              X