Jaws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaws

I watched it last night on ITV3 and it still made me jump even when I knew what was coming cos seen it dozens of times

Re: Jaws

Me and the missus watched it too - we watch it all the time - one of our favourite movies - we sit and quote it and have the original poster hanging over the stairs...

...the thing is, as a child I scared the living sh*t out of me to the point that bath time was more traumatic than it should be for an 8 year old lad plus going to the toilet in the midlle of the night was a life-or-death deccission as Jaws used to live under my bed!

I watched it again when I ws about 19 and it quickly changed from my most hated film to my fav - as an adult I realised that there was more to it than the big scary shark and the characters and their development thoughout the film was fantastic.

But yeah, still scary

Comment

Great movie..I have the two disc special edition DVD

Comment

Remember going to beach just after the film came out - nobody was deeper than their knees !

Everyone paddling had one eye looking for the dorsal fin and kept ensuring they had a clear runway back to the sand

Comment

According to all the Travel Progs on TV now - no more need to worry about the Sharks in Oz - the Crocodiles have eaten them all !!

I agree - an Ace and very scarey film!)
          Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
          <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

My favourite film ever,I first saw it in 1976 at the focus cinema in Skelmersdale and it terrified me,in fact I suffered sleepless nights over it,I know collect Jaws memorabilia and am always on the lookout for anything connected with it.

Comment

sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
                I want it!!!!!!

Comment

I made the mistake of going to see it with someone who'd seen it before. Ruined all the suspense by putting his arms around me and reassuring me "It's all right poppet..." in advance of every scary bit.

You'd think he'd have had enough sense not to sit with his chin over my head for that jump-out-of-your-seat bit where the head rolls out of the boat . That must have hurt!

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post
                    I
                    You'd think he'd have had enough sense not to sit with his chin over my head for that jump-out-of-your-seat bit where the head rolls out of the boat . That must have hurt!
                    Ouch!
                    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by Hooper68 View Post
                      twas mine that game..sold it 6 months ago on ebay
                      sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

The boat hook looks more like a dentist's pick. Sure enough, that was my preferred method of play. Even a Great White should have access to decent dental care.

Comment

Probably my favourite scene in any film ever for brilliant acting is Brody, Quint and Hooper on the boat out at sea, drunk and talking about their scars! Excellent.
                          sigpic
                          'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Originally posted by Stale Elvis View Post
                            ...plus going to the toilet in the midlle of the night was a life-or-death deccission as Jaws used to live under my bed!
                            I laughed when I read that because it was the same for me!!! I saw it when I was 7...in summer...on the Xmas holidays in my grandparents BEACH home town...in Western Australia!!! Yes, becahes and hot weather. Worst film I could have seen at the time. It didn't matter HOW hot it got that summer (and I'm talking 35C plus) I just couldn't go beyond the surf that year...and I was always a water baby.

But yes, it was scary and still is. It's a lot like Alien because you don't SEE anything til the end. The hint of it is always there...but the direction was so well done that the terror just builds up inside. At 10 years old, I also thought the Alien face-hugger was under my bed too.

I have to tell a funny story though...the cinema where I saw Jaws was in a country town, so maybe seated 150 people. It was a full house and the audience was reacting to every scary thing. Anyway...we get to the end where Quint has gone and Brody is about the shoot the tank in the sharks mouth. Everything is silent then BANG - shark blows up! So this guy down the front stands up and punches his fist in the air and screams out (it was loud!!) ..."You f***in' beauuuuttty!!!!!'

Everyone just lost it laughing. Ahhh...good times. That was 1977 for ya

Comment

My favourite bits are THAT shot where the camera zooms in on Brody on the beach. Hoopers histerical outburst and "You're gonna need a bigger boat". The less is more definately worked because it looked far from convincing when it's biting Quint in half but didn't really notice 1st time I saw it cos I was only 8.
                              "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Working...
                              X