Russian or japanese animation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian or japanese animation?

Hi I'm looking out to find if anyone knows the exact title or the makers or anything about a puppet animation that was on one evening in the 70's ?
    It was in a style, a little bit like, the nutcracker fantasy by Takeo Nakamura, which I also saw around about the same time. It was a stop motion puppet animation. The subject was the story of lieutenant Kije and the music used was Lieutenant kije music by Prokofiev. The story is set, I think in the Napoleonic wars by the style of costumes worn.The story is basically a mistake by the commander. His lower ranks are too frightened to stand up to the commander and tell him that he has made a mistake. Thus they hatch out an elaborate story about a ficticious Lieutenant who climbs the ranks,does heroic deeds, gets married and then finally dies.It was not very long animation, maybe an hour at most.

Re: Russian or japanese animation?

Hello Scott

Please take a look at the link below wich relates to a BBC schools programme called Lieutenant Kije which was part live action and part puppet. It was also shown on TV for the general audience.

BFI | Film & TV Database | LIEUTENANT KIJE (1979)
    Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
    <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Hi

Many thanks for that info.. I always thought it was Japanese or Russian

Comment

*lol* Well, if you follow THIS link - Poruchik Kizhe (1934)
        you will find that it is based on a 1934 flim called Poruchik Kizhe and was indeed Russian.
        Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
        <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Working...
        X