X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocky

do you remember Chocky i loved it you can get it on youtube

Re: Chocky

Lots of threads on Chocky and Chockys Children on the site, I'll tag them for you
    Heather

Comment

thanks your a star

Comment

Vivid memories of Chocky!
        That swirling, weird thing...

Comment

Been set a challenge by my youngest daughter (11yrs) to buy her a book she'll like for the half term. This is the one Im getting for her.

Comment

it really was very good and quite a scary opening theme as u can see below.

http://youtu.be/7GEICZux9Jg

a lot of eps on youtube.
            youtube is great for old stuff.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Yeah I remember the series (first 2, can't remember chockys challenge) but never read the book. I'll probably sneak a read when she's finished with it.

Comment

It was interesting but I am unsure how much that I truly like it. I guess it was novel for it's era and quite unque

Though in saying this it is a bit 'poetic" being the best word I can currently think of, but no doubts I can see what the writer had in mind when planning the programme

I wish I knew who played the dad too - I seem to think I have seen him in loads and loads of things!

80sChav

Comment

The John Wyndham book?
                  Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

It was James Hazeldine who played the dad. You might also know him from London's Burning. ☺

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Chocky is too scarey for words as TV Programme

The spinning record "freaked me out" no doubts ... it's hard to say if it is bordering on the Paranormel or just great writing I think

80sChav

Comment

It was that scary especially for a young kid who is under 10.
                        I had to look it up on yt to remember it and when i saw it i went wow this was/is pretty freaky.

I only wish more shows where like it.

Originally posted by 80schav View Post
                        chocky is too scarey for words as tv programme

The spinning record "freaked me out" no doubts ... It's hard to say if it is bordering on the paranormel or just great writing i think

80schav

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                          It was that scary especially for a young kid who is under 10.
                          I had to look it up on yt to remember it and when i saw it i went wow this was/is pretty freaky.

I only wish more shows where like it.
                          There is no doubts at all Darren , that it was wrote really really well in the extreme - though at first I had reservations about it - all that has gone away now. I love the Auntie in it -she is beyond a match for the irritating mother (in terms of being Sisters). Casting the actress in question was a masterstroke indeed!

Comment

Just started watching it again on youtube.

Must say i forgot a lot about it.

I see his adoptive mom and dad thought chocky was an imaginary friend but after and old friend of his dads had a chat to matthew he realised chocky was real and quite intelligent

up to episode 3 where chocky shows herself to matthew.

Comment

The theme tune still freaks me out - so eerie.....I remember only liking the first one - thought Chocky's Children and Challenge was awful. So I've only bought the first series.... it's quite angsty - and how bad an actress is Carol Drinkwater

Comment

Working...
                              X