heavy metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: heavy metal

Never Heard of Dokken. I was never into Heavy metal. loved sabbath and deep purple.

I remember the Pink Fairies pretty well, what a bunch is still a regularly played record,
    haven't got round to buying a CD player yet.

In 1974 a girl I knew went to live in a squat in Cambridge Gardens[?] off the Portobello road, we used to go
    into the Mountain Grill and saw Hawkwind and the Pinks around quite a lot. saw them play all over the place
    for a few years, last time I saw them was in Fairfield halls Croydon in late 1995.

Up the Pinks....

Comment

Black Sabbath are my all time favourite band, also love Purple, Zep, Maiden, Motorhead, Ac/Dc ect. Another good under rated band is Mountain, "Nantucket Sleighride (To Owen Coffin)" is a brilliant song.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqWqCuHR0Og

Comment

Anyone like the New track from Iron Maiden? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F7A24f6gNc
        “I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love.”

Comment

I'm a really boring old rocker. I remember all these bands like Fanny and Girlschool. Wasn't there a band called Girl as well ?

Were Fanny American ? It's one of those words that means something different in America as it does here.

A lot of bands that weren't associated with HM when they started, are often a different deal live. Eg Foreigner. Saw them a few years ago and it seems they've become a heavy metal band.

Comment

This thread started, mentioning the band Dokken. Funnily enough as I was looking thru some music sites looking to add AOR/Prog/Progmetal, etc to my collection of over 1Tb I came across this. No, not a you tube video, but a discography of everything they have done 1979-2011. Free torrent too.

http://soundpark.club/album/torrent-...fiya_1979-2011
            Last edited by Pussywillow; 29-08-2015, 15:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Pussywillow View Post
              I'm a really boring old rocker. I remember all these bands like Fanny and Girlschool. Wasn't there a band called Girl as well ?

Were Fanny American ? It's one of those words that means something different in America as it does here.

A lot of bands that weren't associated with HM when they started, are often a different deal live. Eg Foreigner. Saw them a few years ago and it seems they've become a heavy metal band.
              I think you mean Head Girl.
              “I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love.”

Comment

Head Girl was a collaboration between Motorhead and Girlschool. Girl were a different band - that was the group Phil Collen was in before he joined Def Leppard.

The new Maiden song transported me back thirty years. Easily their best since the Powerslave era.
                There is no beauty here, just the stench of wine and beer.

Comment

I went to school in Scotland and I'd heard of Dokken. Mostly through the kids taping albums and swapping them!

Pink Fairies I know mainly through a Motorhead association. The guitarist Larry Wallis I think actually played with the very early Motorhead circa 1975 or so and appears on their quasi official release ON Parole. I have heard some Pink Fairies albums and to be honest I can see why they are mostly forgotten now. It's rough rock and roll with some occasionally scorching guitar solos, but the production is pretty bad, the songs aren't as memorable as some other 70s bands and the singing is mediocre. I like them, sort of, but I can see why they didn't survive the musical evolutionary race.

Comment

Originally posted by Pussywillow View Post

Were Fanny American ?.

Yes and a very good band

Comment

Working...
                    X