Huckleberry's Burger Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huckleberry's Burger Bar

Does anyone remember Huckleberry's? It was like a Wimpy. There used to be one in Putney, London, in the early 1980s. There was an advert on the TV which used to go, "But have you ever been to Huckleberry's, you just ain't lived!" It's driving me mad because nobody remembers it!! I used to love their huckleburgers.

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Huckleberry's Burger Bar

There was one in Southampton, It was a chain owned by Grand Metropolitan, now Diageo. I think they sold out out to Wimpy or Burger King. They were the first to be joined by Casey Jones, Quick, and Wendy's in leaving the UK with only BK and McDonalds...

Comment

there was one in Northampton ... used to go in all the time when I was shopping in town with my Mum ita Burger King now
      Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

I don't remember any Huckleberry's, maybe they were southern based.

As you might guess from the name Casey Jones mostly seemed to be situated on railway stations.

Wendy's seem to be one of the long list of American companies that tried & failed to settle here.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
          I don't remember any Huckleberry's, maybe they were southern based.

As you might guess from the name Casey Jones mostly seemed to be situated on railway stations.

Wendy's seem to be one of the long list of American companies that tried & failed to settle here.
          Well having eaten a Q/Quick burger in London, I am glad they left. I do miss Casey Jones and Wendy's.
          A Five Guys has opened in a nearby City, so will try and check it out.

Comment

The Trafford Centre now has a Five Guys, I didn't see it until I had already bought something to eat, but I'll be sure to go there next time!

I've seen on American sites they are supposed to be good.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I remember the advert, but I never ate there.

Comment

Originally posted by remember View Post
                Does anyone remember Huckleberry's? It was like a Wimpy. There used to be one in Putney, London, in the early 1980s. There was an advert on the TV which used to go, "But have you ever been to Huckleberry's, you just ain't lived!" It's driving me mad because nobody remembers it!! I used to love their huckleburgers.

More...

Hello from across the pond! Huckleberry's was actually a part of my company at the time! We started as the Burger Queen chain of restaurants in the United States, and opened locations in the UK under the name Huckleberry's Burger Bar! We rebranded the entire chain to Druther's Restaurants in 1980, then in 1990 we converted the entire chain of restaurants to Dairy Queens. During those few years are when I assume Huckleberry's closed. Glad to see folks still remember! Thanks for your question, hope I could help! -Brian Easley, Vice President, Druther's Systems, Louisville, Kentucky, USA

Comment

Working...
                X