Talk Shows anybody???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk Shows anybody???

Does anybody remember Vanessa Feltz's talk show? It was dire. I had a mate who went on there because he was so fat! It did wonders for his love life! I was in the audience on Trisha Goddard a few weeks back - I developed Tourette's the minute the cameras started rolling and couldn't hold my tongue - it was hilarious. Anybody else been on a chat show?
    "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
    sigpic

Re: Talk Shows anybody???

Originally posted by Teejay View Post
    Does anybody remember Vanessa Feltz's talk show? It was dire. I had a mate who went on there because he was so fat! It did wonders for his love life! I was in the audience on Trisha Goddard a few weeks back - I developed Tourette's the minute the cameras started rolling and couldn't hold my tongue - it was hilarious. Anybody else been on a chat show?
    Alright, I'm curious - what was the show about, and did you go 'oh snap' at any point in the proceedings?

Comment

Was it about people posting under multiple identities on forums?

Comment

LOL! It was about a girl who had a "phobia" of mannequins. Before she came out the crew put mannequins all over the stage (I thought that was quite harsh at the time) But then Trisha said, "Please welcome, (let's say her name was Jane) Jane to the show" (Applause)

Girl walked on, past the mannequins and sat down calm as you like. Everone in the audience was looking at each other as if to say "what the..? so Trisha went over to her and said "Ooh you coped with that really well" The girl was all smiles until she remembered that she was actually supposed to be traumatised and she suddenly went "Aaargh, oh no, I can see them" stared screaming and crying and ran off stage.

Trisha "coaxed" her back on, so on she came, with her Mother in tow. By this time my hand is in the air and Trisha came bimbling over (she's stunning in real life) so I said "I'm not being funny, but when she came on their was nothing wrong with her. It wasn't until you reminded her to be scared that she started crying. I think you're (pointing at girl) an ATTENTION SEEKER! (Applause from audience)

Her Mum leapt to her defence and said "no she's not". Whatever....

So, she went backstage to be "cured" by Ricky the counsellor..... we saw some other guests but they were a bit rubbish. Then the girl came back out in the 3rd part and (drumroll please) she was cured.

Well, some of the audience were saying things like "ooh you've done really well coming out here, we think you're so brave to have conquered your fear" So I put my hand up and peed on her glory. I said "I'm not being rude (I was really!) but you've only been backstage for about half an hour and you reckon you're cured" "Yes" the girl said.

So I cracked on "I don't believe you" Trisha butted in (cheeky - on her OWN show) and said "What? You don't believe we can cure people's phobias?" I said "I'm not disputing that, I just don't think you can do it in 20 minutes - she was just attention seeking" Her Mum said "No she wasn't, she's been like it since she was a child"

So I said "The only reason there's nothing wrong with her now, is because there was nothing wrong with her in the first place" (Applause, funnily from the people who had just been saying how brave she was)

So Trisha said to me, "Well, don't you have any phobias? Maybe we could get you back on another show" I said "No, I don't have any" So she asked "Well, do you smoke or anything, maybe we could cure you of that"
        I said "I quit smoking 3 months ago off my own back, I don't need help from anybody - YAY!!!" Then I clapped myself and luckily everyone else joined in (otherwise it would have been WAY embarrassing!!)

So that was my moment on Trisha. It was hilarious. And no, I completely forgot to say "oh SNAP!" And I forgot to do that gay finger-clicking thing they do on Ricki Lake. Drat!

Picasa Web Albums - traceyj123 - Snapshot

There's the link to a pic of me talking to Trisha in my Spongebob Teeshirt. Check out the mug on the girl in the bottom left of the screen.....LOL!
        "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
        sigpic

Comment

Wait. That's a gay thing?

I couldn't go on those things - and as for phobias, no chance. Let's cure your fear of spiders - here hold this tarantula.
          Uh no. Anyone got a fag?

Comment

Originally posted by Teejay View Post
            Picasa Web Albums - traceyj123 - Snapshot

There's the link to a pic of me talking to Trisha in my Spongebob Teeshirt. Check out the mug on the girl in the bottom left of the screen.....LOL!
            Isn't that the bloke off of the beer ad 'I'm going out boys'?

Comment

Please try and keep on topic and 70's to 90's related, general chit chat you can do via pm, thanks.
              The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Working...
              X