Monster Machine 18 wheel truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster Machine 18 wheel truck

Okay so I'm thinking about toys that I loved from the 80's and I remember one year my Christmas toy of choice was a large battery powered truck with lots of wheels, I think it was about 18 or thereabouts. To the best of my memory it was called the "Monster Machine".

It seemed enormous back then but I guess the whole truck was about 24" long. It had soft rubber tyres and the frame was sort of flexible, if you drove it into a wall it would try to climb the wall (but get stuck so far up). The advertising claimed it could drive over anything. The exact year I don't remember but somewhere in the mid 80's - 1986 maybe..?

Anyway I'd really like to know more info such as manufacturer, exact year etc. Or even better the chance to get hold of one. Please help if you can. Cheers.

I found this link for you.

http://z7.invisionfree.com/80s_Toyla...?showtopic=789

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/1088/
    I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

Hey that's it! Thanks Childofthe80's I got your PM Man it brings back some memories - because of this wonderful toy that was one of my most memorable childhood Christmases...!

Comment

Re: Monster Machine 18 wheel truck

Hehe glad to help I'm actually the person who posted the commericail in that link lol. Took me forever to find it.
        "Flounder don't be such a guppy"-Ariel

Comment

hey! what a great thread. i typed something like "monster truck lots of wheels 80's toy" into Google and i eventually clicked on this link only to find exactly what i was lookin' for...plus the TV Advert!! Cheers ...now if only i can discover the name of the alternative truck i got that Christmas (Santa couldn't get a Tomy Monster Machine!) Mine was very similar only yellow with a digging arm attatched to the back... onwards with that search

Comment

Tomy "Mad Masher" Monster Machine

Click image for larger version

Name:	mad masher.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	258634
            Heather

Comment

I was wondering if anyone has any idea how much a "Tomy Monster Machines Mad Masher" would be worth now.

I have one that still works like it did 25 years ago when I got it for
              Christmas I pretty sure in '86. Its not damaged at all. It is only missing the red top truck attachment like in the picture above, but thats just a plastic attachment that has nothing to do with the performance of the toy.

Comment

Originally posted by childofthe80's View Post
                Is it just me or does it sound like Gordon Brown doing the voice over?

Comment

Originally posted by blario View Post
                  I was wondering if anyone has any idea how much a "Tomy Monster Machines Mad Masher" would be worth now.

I have one that still works like it did 25 years ago when I got it for
                  Christmas I pretty sure in '86. Its not damaged at all. It is only missing the red top truck attachment like in the picture above, but thats just a plastic attachment that has nothing to do with the performance of the toy.
                  One on ebay now starting at $29CAD , or about £17

Tomy Monster Machines "Mad Masher" 16 wheel Truck - (eBay.ca item 260393602165 end time 21-Apr-09 11:39:30 EDT)
                  The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

To be honest Blario if there is a part missing or even if it doesn't come with it's original box, its only worth what you can get for it !! Even the rarest toys lose half their value if they are not in As New in Box order.

Note to Mike - Didn't you notice dear that the Ebay seller was Blario ????
                    Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
                    <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Nah i didnt look at the seller
                      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Working...
                      X