Dennis the Menace Fan Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dennis the Menace Fan Club

I joined the 'Dennis the Menace Fan Club' and 'The Gnasher Fang Club' in the seventies. It was great - you got a membership card with your photo on, a bit like a passport and two badges - the Gnasher one had fur all round the outside.

I understand that this became 'The Beano Club' in 1988 (and consequently lost all crediblitiy).

I have my old membership card somewhere, I will have a look for it and if I find it I will scan it and post it on here. It's a laugh to see my kiddie face with the big zit on my chin, lol.

Anybody else join this? If you still have your cards, would love to see them. Thanks.
    Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Re: Dennis the Menace Fan Club

I collected Beano comics from 1993 to 1998, sadly I no longer have them. I used to be with the Beano Club in 1998, what I remember and still have are a small bag and a poster. I also remember the Dennis the Menace Fan Club with the Dennis and Gnasher badges.

Comment

I wanted to, but never got round to doing so, mainly because it meant cutting up a Beano for the application form.

I read the Beano from 1984 to 1992 (& was given some even older ones) & the price for joining was alway 45p. Did it ever go up?
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I joined the Dennis the Menace and Desperate Dan Fan Clubs around 1993 and here is what I remember getting -

Dennis the Menace - Black wallet containing furry Gnasher badge, red Dennis badge and a membership card and rules list. I seem to remember having to stick your own photo onto the card though.

Desperate Dan - Black wallett, plastic Desperate Dan badge and a circular tin badge with a cow pie on it, membership card and club rules.

Getting these membership goodies through the post was so exciting as a kid, are both of these clubs still going?

Comment

This is my Dennis the Menace Fan Club stuff, plus a couple of extra badges. I think I joined in about 1993.

The blue badge says "He Who Menaces Wins" and the second Gnasher badge was given away with the Beano a few years ago.

Comment

Thanks for posting the pics of your stuff - really cool to see them again.

Sadly, I couldn't find mine :cry:, but I reckon my mam might have them stashed away in her bungalow somewhere.
            Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Same stuff from the 70's

Comment

Here are some more pics of mine.

Comment

great photos chaps
                  sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

I joined the fan club and got the wallet and badges, and I have an impression of one of them burned into my palm after a scrap with Indiana Jones.

Comment

A friend of mine was a member. I always wanted to join but I could never afford the 45p. I rarely got pocket money. My folks used to say "You don't need money. If you want something you've only got to ask."

Which would be fine except every time I did ask for something I was always told "No"...

Good scam they ran, eh?

Comment

I'm technically still a member as I never left. Can't say that I've been terribly active the past 30yrs though.

I only joined because I wanted the hairy Gnasher badge.

Comment

Here's mine...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wow - haven't seen mine in a long time. Great to see it again.

Comment

i joined in the mid 70s. don't know where my membership is though.

Comment

Working...
                              X