Anyone remember 'Maggie'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone remember 'Maggie'?

Nobody seems to remember this except me. It used to be on in the late 70's I think. The theme tune was catchy, it's not on youtube that I can find, it sounded like B.A Robertson singing... I remember the words 'Maggie, so far, so far, so good' and 'She won't work in a factory, her parents think she should'..(bit corny).
    Anyway, it was Scottish, I can only remember one scene in it where she says to her boyfriend in a broad accent 'Can't ye understand Mike, I have to be free!' I haven't a ball's notion what it was about though...some young one giving out all the time but I watched it anyway.

Re: Anyone remember 'Maggie'?

Originally posted by ann22 View Post
    Nobody seems to remember this except me. It used to be on in the late 70's I think. The theme tune was catchy, it's not on youtube that I can find, it sounded like B.A Robertson singing... I remember the words 'Maggie, so far, so far, so good' and 'She won't work in a factory, her parents think she should'..(bit corny).
    Anyway, it was Scottish, I can only remember one scene in it where she says to her boyfriend in a broad accent 'Can't ye understand Mike, I have to be free!' I haven't a ball's notion what it was about though...some young one giving out all the time but I watched it anyway.
    This series was a favourite if mine. DVD please!

It's come up on DYR before. Here are the links:

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...38-maggie.html

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...ty-miller.html

Comment

I remember Maggie! Phew,I thought I was going insane. yep 'Maggie,so far,so far so good..MAGGIE'. Was she running,jumping over walls etc in the opening credits or is that in my imagination?

I can't really remember much about the series either but I remember loving it (How odd!)

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
        This series was a favourite if mine. DVD please!

It's come up on DYR before. Here are the links:

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...38-maggie.html

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...ty-miller.html
        Ah I didn't realise it was discussed before. I remember really enjoying it but not a lot about it either.

Comment

Thanks Marine Boy for the links, I tried to edit my post to say ta but by the time I found my manners too much time had passed.

Comment

Hi, I can upload this song to You Tube if you wish.
            I am a B A Robertson fan for a long time now and feel that at times I am the only one around. I have a webpage for BA if you want to look at it as well.

it is B.A.Robertson - Home let me know if you want this uploaded

Hugh hughowen@gmail.com

Comment

I wouldn't mind hearing it again Hugh but I wouldn't want you to put yourself to any trouble or expense.

Comment

I remember "Maggie" very well, she had a Cairngorm brooch that meant a lot to her - left by a dead aunt? - had a "nice" boyfriend but was being courted by another - an "outsider" of some sorts. Refused to marry the "nice" boy (who went on to play Karen Grant's boyfriend Guy in Brookside).

Theme song - as well as "Maggie, so far, so far so good..." I can remember
                "Maggie won't be a teenage bride, Maggie against the tide, she [will face?] the adversity....."

I've only just found this site, I think I'll be visiting a lot!!!!!!

Comment

Does anyone remember a tv show called 'Maggie'?

Hi all.
                  I was wondering if anyone (apart from me) remembers a tv show called Maggie.
                  It was either late 70's or early 80's and made for a teenage audience I think on BBC2. Maggie was Scottish, not very tall and I'm sure she worked or lived in a shop. I remember the books relating to the show had a picture of the girl playing 'Maggie' standing in front of the shop door.
                  I've searched the net for info on the program but there seems to be nothing about the show.

Comment

Re: Does anyone remember a tv show called 'Maggie'?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0398510/
                    Last edited by HG; 01-08-2010, 09:10. Reason: inserting link, copy and paste of page didn't work
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Re: Does anyone remember a tv show called 'Maggie'?

Brilliant! Thanks so much. Brought a few memories back.

Comment

Yes I remember it " Maggie so far so far so good MAGGIE!" then shed jump up and click her heels......I was trying to find the theme tune .....thats how I ended up on this website......I think it was around 1979 .... I was living in scotland at the time......

Theme tune to Maggie so far so far so good !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zGlHOT_lrM

Comment

Thanks a mil Niceribs. That really stirred up a few memories

Comment

She wanted to be an Anthropologist and the song was Maggie will be a teenage bride, Maggie against the tide she will accept the adversity, we always knew she would, to attend university, but so far it's so good.

Comment

Just loved Magpie as Blub Peter was so boring except for Valerie Singleton who I fancied the pants off; along with Susan Stranks on Magpie
                              sigpic
                              Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
                              X