TVTimes magazine 21-27 May 1983 part1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TVTimes magazine 21-27 May 1983 part1

Nice one Ecofugal.....and what a line-up - Rainbow, Knight Rider, Minder, Family Fortunes hosted by Bob Monkhouse, Cockleshell Bay, Dangermouse, Crown Court, and Tunbridge Wells to London (West End) day return for £2.25 on the Green Line. Bargain!
    "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

What day is your birthday Tricky? Mine is May 25th
      Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

May 21st. It was a Saturday too! I thought my birthdays never fell on weekends when I was a kid!
        1976 Vintage

Comment

Movie Memories with Roy Hudd.I remember watching a lot of those little Roy Hudd memories serieses.They were very relaxing and enjoyable.Tales of the unexpected and edgar wallace presents,and of course the amazing mr blunden.What great viewing in 1983.
          Anyone recognise the drawing of Ted Moult?

It's great to see how tv programmers used common sense in 1983,by putting Rod,Jane and Freddy directly before Rainbow.Rod,Jane and Freddy at 12 o' clock,Rainbow straight after at 12.10 pm.These days,they would put Rod,Jane and Freddy at 6.00 AM,and Rainbow at 4.55 pm,to be split by newsround at 5.00 pm.

Comment

When tv was more watchable, loved the old times, especially looking at the program schedules for Different Strokes at 5.15 and minder at 9pm.

Comment

Brilliant ecofugal have you got any more?

Comment

That's brilliant!!! Those were the days when you had to buy both TV and Radio Times, and the layout in them was clear and simple. Great stuff!

Comment

TJ Hooker! Loved that on a Saturday night, US cop shows are way too serious minded now.

Chas and Dave's cockney knees-up was dire though. Sorry, it didn't translate well to Manchester. Particularly as we're all City fans and hated Spurs in the 80s, this was just rubbing our noses in it! :cry:

Comment

thx for that
                    DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Working...
                    X